Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua: I Don't Think Fury Did Deal To Jeopardize Wilder Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
    Yes, I agree! Now what if he loses one of these next fights will still be guaranteed the $100mil contract by ESPN?
    It's not a guaranteed contract. The contract is just worth $100M should Fury hit all of the Mark's (particularly fighting both Wilder and Joshua). If he loses to Parker (that's his likely next fight in my view) then whether Joshua fights him or Wilder runs it back is up in the air.

Everything Warren and Arum said so far indicates that they believe if they bud Fury in the states they can get more money out of fights with Wilder and Joshua. This allows Fury to take lower risked fights while marinating the big fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
      I think people are throwing around the term outboxed a little too loosely. Boxing is more than just feints and foot movements. I guess to me if I see a fighter getting set up to catch a right hand or a left hook, I don't look at it as he is out boxing his opponent. Why, because if you get hit and dropped with the shot you weren't OUT anything but points on the scorecard and maybe out of time if you don't get up.
      He was clearly OUTBOXED.

Comment

Originally posted by OldTerry View Post
        Not true. Fury landed just one punch per round more than Wilder according to CompuBox. Factor in the two knockdowns Fury suffered and you end up with a draw.
        You've been here since 2006 and you still come up with a post like this. SMH.

Comment

Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
          I see it the exact opposite. If I have been floored by arguably the hardest puncher in the division and twice got up what do I have to really worry about? Both times he hit the canvas and both times he got up and finished the round stronger. Fighters don’t have the mindset of an average Joe. Fury was in control of the fight and even when he was not the scare that everyone harps on about did not last longer than 10 seconds. Now if he is nursing some migraines and concussion that I don’t know about there is absolutely no reason to be in fear of rematching Wilder.
          I agree with you 100%. In my opinion, Fury, in round 10, had his second-best round, which of course came after the 9th round KD. The KD's meant nothing to him. As you already pointed out, he finished the stronger fighter in the 12th and looked the favourite to grab the 13th had it existed.

Comment

Originally posted by Jkp View Post
            No one took anyone to school. It was a very close match, which is why it was ruled draw.

Wanna be experts come out with these "schooled" comments to prove they can see something that ordinary people cant see, to make themselves feel superior.
            Ok man. Lets say that it was a close fight. Those 2 KDs made look closer but it was a schooling wether u like it or not. All the ''real experts'' say the same, so I guess we all trying to make ourselves look superior

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
              So what are you saying? That he deliberately avoided/ducked the rematch to sign with ESPN? That's absurd because the offer was going to always be there. The only reason why he would postponed the rematch because he knew that he was going to get knockout or possibly seriously hurt.
              Ok I know what kind of fan I am talking to right now. Go on my friend.

Comment

Originally posted by MC Hammer View Post
                No he wasn't. Besides the kds wilder busted Fury's nose in the 4th landed harder and more effective shots in the 1, 2, and 7th. Fury controlled the optics but wasn't doing much offensively
                The moment you mentioned round 7, I knew you didn't watch the fight or haven't seen a replay. That was Fury's best round by a mile. He sat on his punches, ditching out straight and heavy 1-2's in up to four different occasions. Even the dubious Mexican judge couldn't have robbed him of that round.

The 4th round tag to the nose was a jab, a single jab. Its funny how a single jab became the highlight of a round in your opinion.

Comment

Man, ya'll need to stop being so biased when it comes to the fight. IDK if it's because of the commentary or what, but Fury was not outboxing Wilder. Most rounds were relatively even, and I saw Wilder slightly outworking him with body jabs. Fury had a couple good, clear rounds, but then he got knocked down. Then some more debatable rounds, and then, bam, Wilder almost killed him. Should've been counted as a KO, by any other referee.

I feel that the only reason why this fight is even seen as a draw is because of how outnumbered Wilder is by British fans, and the commentary. Wilder won that fight clearly, IMO. However, I can accept the possibility of different viewpoints, so a draw is fine. A highly competitive matchup, no doubt, but that last KD was really a KO. Fury knows that, too, and wants no part of it again.

Comment

Originally posted by James Hunt View Post
                    Ofc he did! Gypsy Clown wants no part of that right hand anymore. Fury's shtick is to mentally beat the opponent even before they enter the ring, but it's hard to do it twice in a row to the same person. That's why he's avoiding rematches.
                    I have stated this many times, Tyson Fury at elite level thusfar has been completely one dimensional and this is why he does not ike immediate rematches. 'Think back to his fights before Waldimir Kiltschko, he used to refer to himself as a big man who can fight on the inside like Riddick Bowe. No way was he going to have success fighting Wladimir Kiltschko like he did in the first fight, he knew this and his entire team did also! Peter Fury in a recent interview stated that he was perplexed as to why Tyson Fury in the second half of the Wilder fight did not impose his weight advantage.

I tell you why he did not do it? Because he is one dimensional at elite level, his inside fighting game has gone 'Last time we saw it was up against Steve 'USS' Cunningham.

Comment

Originally posted by Slip&Counter View Post
                      LOL, forget compubox. Watch the fight and count the punches. Fury whipped that but. Every round he land short hard straights. Wilder landed next to nothing except the two bombs.
                      Exactly the point: next to nothing except the KD's.

Comment

Working...
                      X