Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did BJS fight in Dec. if he F’d the WBO’s 6-month Suspension?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
    Wasn't the ban only with the WBO? the 6 month ban was only down their discretion in terms of his involvement with the WBO, it wasn't a ban from boxing. It just meant he couldn't fight in a fight that had any WBO belt on the line or a fight that goes towards their rankings.
    Correct. BJS was suspended from the WBO rankings, which meant he couldn't fight for the WBO title or in a WBO eliminator. But he didn't break any WADA rules so nobody could suspend him from fighting.
    Last edited by kafkod; 02-19-2019, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SkiPete View Post
      Fury was banned by the bboc the equivalent to NSAC in nevada or another states sanctioning body. If the WBC bans you (for example) you could just fight a bout not sanctioned by the WBC. They might choose to extend the ban or they might not. Probably depends if there is money to be made or it makes them look bad.
      Whatever the case may be my bro, the banned substances were there. The problem with boxing is not what boxers do on the off season. I feel even Olympians have cover ups and are fully backed by their governments.

For me, when boxers AT LEAST surrender to 365 non WBC-CBP like Lara or Canelo then that’s a start. Any boxer that feels testing per fight is enough isn’t being honest in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
        Correct. BJS was suspended from the WBO rankings, which meant he couldn't fight for the WBO title or in a WBO eliminator. But he didn't break any WADA rules so nobody could suspend him from fighting.
        But we know that a boxer who gets suspended for 6 months has never fought outside the organization in which they were already deemed Champion to then fight in another org in which they were already ranked and brush off the incident. Then Brook suddenly leaves Ingle and low and behold BJS is fighting at 179lbs.

There are posters here that think Hearn had nothing to do with this. Hearn already had a guy in the Ingle Gym. This association and insecurity isn’t suspect? We need to give Hearn credit. He knew how to orchestrate the VADA testing. Imho, Warren and legal took the risk that at the worst scenario they would justify it with UKAD. Meanwhile Hearn says “UKAD needs revision” and pulls out Brook. Lol

Comment

Working...
        X