Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Too Fast" Fury vs "Sonny" Liston: Who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
    The real question is, will AJ be able to bring the best out of Fury?

Fury is going to come in there and bully AJ, might stop him in the mid rounds if AJ can't find a way to make Fury respect him.
    Interesting opinion but not really accurate.

Fury doesn't bully other fighters. He wins fights with good head movement and fast hands but he's not an instigator. Fury jabs and moves to the side. Look at the Wilder fight - Wilder was coming forward all night and threw over 100 more punches. That's Fury's game. He's not Tyson, coming forward and dominating the action.

Fury likes to smartly lean on smaller guys making them support his weight. That's a damn good tactic for a bigger fighter. The Klitschkos both used that a lot as did Lewis. That won't work against the 6'6", 250 pound Joshua, who is big enough to push back. Joshua has more than enough power to make Fury respect him. Povetkin found that out the hard way and he's a guy even Wlad wasn't able to KO.

I'm not saying Joshua will win because he's so young that we haven't seen his best yet. We don't know how good he really is. But Fury won't bully him because he can't and he generally doesn't. If Fury wins it will be behind the jab but here's the rub - we haven't seen Fury win against a younger, bigger top-tier guy. We don't know how good he can be either but his track record of winning/drawing fights when landing fewer than 100 punches isn't sustainable.

Comment

Liston by annihilation.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
        And?

Cunningham and Wilder both dropped Fury. Its really inconceivable that Liston could also drop Fury and finish him off when he was the same weight as them?

You think Liston is less skilled than Wilder's windmilling?

Is he less skilled than Cunningham?

What does Fury's close UD over a Wladimir who was 4 months shy of 40 years old have to do with talking prime vs prime match ups?
        You really believe in your heart Liston beats Fury?

I doubt Liston would even beat a good modern heavyweight let alone one of the top ones.

It’s nice to romanticize but the same way Jesse Owens couldn’t compete today with top of the food chain athletes, the same goes for Liston.

We’ve had 50+ years of new TELEVISED talent that puts him to shame. Even the way he moves looks slow, outdated, crude even(in a bad way). Fury is not only bigger, more skilled, and faster...but he’s 100x more fluid than Liston at 6’9 than Liston ever was.

If I were a big betting man... I’d bet everything on Fury vs Liston.

If there were a way to simulate everything taking into account skill and sheer fluidity, balance, and IQ...I’d say tyson wins 99.99999% of every scenario.

Talk all the s hit you guys want on Wilder but he is one of the hardest punching men we will ever see....and the sheer distance he can cover because of freak athletics when he throws the right hand straigh is truly impressive. And of a man his height and reach? It’s undeniable that that straight missile from Wilder is close to a force of nature.

Even beeing hit with THAT couldnt stop Fury.

I literally (barring a hailmary one punch ko, the kind that happen ever 20 years) cannot envision a scenario where Fury loses. It’s almost incomprehensible.
        Last edited by NearHypnos; 02-06-2019, 09:11 PM.
        moneytheman Ascended likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
          Liston by annihilation.

Comment

Liston would not have won the recent cruiser tournament
            moneytheman Ascended likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
              You really believe in your heart Liston beats Fury?

I doubt Liston would even beat a good modern heavyweight let alone one of the top ones.

It’s nice to romanticize but the same way Jesse Owens couldn’t compete today with top of the food chain athletes, the same goes for Liston.

We’ve had 50+ years of new TELEVISED talent that puts him to shame. Even the way he moves looks slow, outdated, crude even(in a bad way). Fury is not only bigger, more skilled, and faster...but he’s 100x more fluid than Liston at 6’9 than Liston ever was.

If I were a big betting man... I’d bet everything on Fury vs Liston.

If there were a way to simulate everything taking into account skill and sheer fluidity, balance, and IQ...I’d say tyson wins 99.99999% of every scenario.

Talk all the s hit you guys want on Wilder but he is one of the hardest punching men we will ever see....and the sheer distance he can cover because of freak athletics when he throws the right hand straigh is truly impressive. And of a man his height and reach? It’s undeniable that that straight missile from Wilder is close to a force of nature.

Even beeing hit with THAT couldnt stop Fury.

I literally (barring a hailmary one punch ko, the kind that happen ever 20 years) cannot envision a scenario where Fury loses. It’s almost incomprehensible.
              Yes I do believe that Liston can and would beat the Tyson Fury that fought the Wilder. There were numerous opportunities for Wilder to hurt Fury along the ropes but Wilder threw wild looping shots that Fury saw coming a mile away. I had Wilder doing very well against Fury in that fight. I wasn't impressed by Fury in that fight.

Comment

Tyson fury v kevin Johnson part 2
                Last edited by hugh grant; 02-08-2019, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Liston would tap that chin pretty early.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                    Tyson fury v Reggie Johnson part 2

Comment

A focused Tyson Fury is a nightmare fight for most heavyweights, from any period. He may win some and lose some, but he'd still be a pain to deal with, for anyone. It took possibly the hardest puncher in heavyweight history to KO him.

And he's not done yet. I have a feeling we're about to see the best Tyson Fury in this rematch. He is leaning out almost to Wilder-level, and by fight time it may be even form. This is better physical conditioning than even the Klitschko fight. The reason why I'm rooting for Wilder is because I believe in his potential. It won't be a walk in the park, though.

Comment

Working...
                      X