Vasyl Lomachenko Vs Yuriorkis Gamboa

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
    I fear the same thing for Rigondeaux
    Rigo is really done and its partly because his style is boring. At least Gamboa is flashy and fun to watch.

Comment

Total mismatch, Gamboa is past his best and is out classed by Lomo easily.
      This is like Wilder vs Chris it simply a gym night workout and fools the fools.

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
        Total mismatch, Gamboa is past his best and is out classed by Lomo easily.
        This is like Wilder vs Chris it simply a gym night workout and fools the fools.

Ray
        WTF are you talking about? Gamboa only loss is still only to Crawford or am I missing something? Like Loma would even win a round..or last one VS Crawford.

You really post some trash.

Comment

Originally posted by Shpacman View Post
          No. The main differencies are defence and concentration.
          Gamboa defends himself like he has an advantage in height and reach. Maybe this comes from his amateur days when he fought at 51 kg.
          Concentration. Gamboa sometimes lacks it. And Loma is VERY concentrated from the first second of the fight.
          I think that due to these two advantages Loma will outwork Gamboa in a tough fight. Here is an example from the amateurs how more disciplined and taller fighter outworks Gamboa.
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6w-CIPAycnE
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wS1IObil1dM
          Lomachenko isn't taller....He's not faster..He doesn't throw as compact punches. Gamboa even has the better reflexes.

Do you honestly believe Loma would win rounds VS Crawford?

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            This.

I'd LOVE to be able say Gamboa, but I just don't see it. His prime has been wasted with bad out of the ring decisions. I suspect there is some opportunity that Gamboa can chin check Loma & put him down, but that'd probably be the entire highlight reel for Gamboa in this matchup at this point in his career & Loma would just get up & win 11-1, 10-2 or 9-3.
            I just don't get it honestly. Like Gamboa played with Salido the way Loma did Martinez. His one loss is a fight of the year against a guy who weighed in as a welterweight.... Didn't know beating Roman Martinez meant **** all tbh.

Comment

lomachenko would have ko'ed a prime gamboa easily. gamboa's is very defensively flawed and has been dropped easily many times before. lomachenko would have no problem catching gamboa and ending him.

Comment

Originally posted by PivotandRoll View Post
                I just don't get it honestly. Like Gamboa played with Salido the way Loma did Martinez. His one loss is a fight of the year against a guy who weighed in as a welterweight.... Didn't know beating Roman Martinez meant **** all tbh.
                He didn't play with Salido, he went down and didn't look so good till the last round. Do you even watch his fights? He's looked like **** ever since his comeback at 130. Dropped hard vs Farenas, very unimpressive vs fringe Perez and Hylon Williams.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                  He didn't play with Salido, he went down and didn't look so good till the last round. Do you even watch his fights? He's looked like **** ever since his comeback at 130. Dropped hard vs Farenas, very unimpressive vs fringe Perez and Hylon Williams.
                  Umm..Did you watch his fights? He was beating Salido easily and touched down during an exchange in which Salido probably came out worse for wear.

Well he looked stupidly bulky against Perez but still won handily...It's hard to argue that Perez is great since Crolla dismantled him but I do think Perez who was mid 30's by then was on his downslide. The only fight Farenas has lost since Gamboa is a decision to Jose Pedraza, he's Knocked out the eight other guys he's fought.

I'll admit I haven't gotten around to watching his latest fight and if he did indeed look diminished then so be it..But I think his speed/power/reflexes would be too much for Loma...Might be the first guy good enough to actually keep him focused the whole fight.

Comment

gamboa has over 250 amateur bouts and needs to be at 130 which is not an easy number to reach at his age. At 135 he will become an opponent against the top men. His defense has never been very good but years gone by he brought a good punch and was physically stronger than most between 125 to 130.
                    If you like him against Lomo then bet on him, I think Lomo turns him around in circles then takes it to him.
                    Ray

Comment

Originally posted by PivotandRoll View Post
                      Lomachenko isn't taller....He's not faster..He doesn't throw as compact punches. Gamboa even has the better reflexes.

Do you honestly believe Loma would win rounds VS Crawford?
                      Lomachenko is taller. But Gambia has an underrated chin. He just has a sloppy defense and gets caught flush. In regards to getting KO'd by Crawford, he was way under size against a taller stronger opponent. Gambia can get take someone's best shot and get right back up and recover.

Comment

Working...
                      X