Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Video: Keith Thurman, Shawn Porter- Confrontation in Las Vegas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good little interview. Persuaded Thurman to give him a month on camera. Now it's up to Thurman to honor that when the time comes.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
      Shawn is Thurman's mandatory.

Shawn isn't Spence's mandatory.

Shawn has a personal issue with Thurman and wants revenge.

Shawn has no personal issue with Spence.

Thurman holds the two most prestigious world championships in boxing, the WBC and WBA. Spence holds the IBF. Ask any fighter if they'd rather be unified WBC/WBA champion or just hold the IBF and 100% will say they'd rather be unified champion. So of course Porter will prefer the fight where he can achieve more and become unified champion.

Thurman is considered the top fighter in the division and fighting Thurman is more lucrative than fighting Spence.

So, instead of fighting the biggest fight for the most money and the most belts, with the most personal issues, that is the most likely to happen due to being the mandatory, you expect Porter to instead pursue a smaller fight, for fewer belts, and less money, that he might not even be able to get since he's not ranked, instead of pursuing the fight he can definitely get, that pays more, against a bigger star, with more at stake?

Just want to make sure I have that right.
      Sounds like excuses. There is no reason he can't fight Spence next, pick up the IBF and then fight Thurman in an even bigger fight. Heck that fight could be PPV.

Stop making excuses for these fighters bro, you're not related to them. We as fans want to see the best fight the best in their divisions. It's a darn shame Errol Spence who is a champion can't get the other guys in his division to make a fight with him for a title and to prove who the best is. What's even more pathetic is when fans make up excuses on why the best can't fight the best. Sad days we're in

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
        Sounds like excuses. There is no reason he can't fight Spence next, pick up the IBF and then fight Thurman in an even bigger fight. Heck that fight could be PPV.

Stop making excuses for these fighters bro, you're not related to them. We as fans want to see the best fight the best in their divisions. It's a darn shame Errol Spence who is a champion can't get the other guys in his division to make a fight with him for a title and to prove who the best is. What's even more pathetic is when fans make up excuses on why the best can't fight the best. Sad days we're in
        True. Spence vs Porter on primetime NBC would be huge service for another great All American boxing.

At least the respect is there, the PBC stable is giving Keith his get-back fight cause of he injury and long lay off. He’s at least entitled to that, meanwhile Shawn still has to continue grinding to be tip top and ready whenever. Porter even acknowledged Keith his get back fight and possible fight in Oct. Thurman vs Porter is another 2mill purse easily for Keith.

Comment

2 minutes in and im crying LMAO. keef is hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
            And Thurman says he isn't going to fight him yet. Why not Spence in the interim?
            Because that isn't how time works.

Thurman is taking a tune up in May and then likely fights Porter after that.

Spence has to make a mandatory in June.

So when is this "interim" Spence fight supposed to take place? Thurman would be available sooner than Spence would be. You're not making any sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Loma#1 View Post
              True. Spence vs Porter on primetime NBC would be huge service for another great All American boxing.

At least the respect is there, the PBC stable is giving Keith his get-back fight cause of he injury and long lay off. He’s at least entitled to that, meanwhile Shawn still has to continue grinding to be tip top and ready whenever. Porter even acknowledged Keith his get back fight and possible fight in Oct. Thurman vs Porter is another 2mill purse easily for Keith.
              Ratings would be great for that fight, then cap off the year with a unification for all the belts(minus the WBO). I mean what's not to like about that?

I have no problem with Keith's get back fight. He's coming off an injury so it's understandable. But Porter acts like(even in this video) he didn't know that. I mean if he's being honest with himself did he really think he was gonna get the call in May on Keith's return fight? He actually said "ok now I can make a move" as if he didn't know. So while he's waiting on the end of the year I don't see any reason why he can't fight Spence to try and pick up a title. Who is he gonna fight in the meantime, another Adrian Granados level dude?

Comment

Sounds like excuses.
                Sounds like you have no idea how this sport works.

There is no reason he can't fight Spence next
                There's not? How about the fact that the IBF has already ordered Spence to fight his mandatory next? How about the fact that Porter isn't even ranked by the IBF? How about the fact that Porter would lose his guaranteed fight with Thurman if he fought for the IBF?

pick up the IBF and then fight Thurman in an even bigger fight. Heck that fight could be PPV.
                Haymon has no interest in putting any of these fights on PPV. He's trying to kill off PPV. Why would you even want any of these fights to be on PPV?

Even if Porter beat Spence, which is unlikely, he wouldn't be able to force Thurman to fight him anymore. As things stand now, he can force Thurman to fight him, a fight that is much bigger and much more lucrative than a Spence fight. Why would Porter want the smaller fight for less money? You're not making any sense.

Stop making excuses for these fighters bro, you're not related to them.
                Just because you label the truth an "excuse" doesn't stop it from being the truth.

We as fans want to see the best fight the best in their divisions.
                You should want whatever you want. Nobody is telling you not to want to see Spence vs. Porter. I'm telling you why the fight doesn't make any business sense. Doesn't mean you shouldn't want to see it. You should want whatever you want. But what you want isn't feasible for a variety of reasons. If you want to throw a temper tantrum over it, be my guest.

It's a darn shame Errol Spence who is a champion can't get the other guys in his division to make a fight with him for a title and to prove who the best is.
                Spence has only made one defense so far! Stop acting like he's been the champion for five years. In his first defense, another world champion from his division gave up their belt in order to fight him. Now he has to fight a mandatory. He likely fights a big unification fight next year. These things take time.

What's even more pathetic is when fans make up excuses on why the best can't fight the best. Sad days we're in
                #1 - I'm not a fan.
                #2 - I'm not making up anything.
                #3 - Go **** yourself.

Comment

I don't see any reason why he can't fight Spence to try and pick up a title.
                  #1 - Spence isn't available. The IBF has ordered a mandatory defense.

#2 - Porter isn't ranked by the IBF.

#3 - Porter has a guaranteed shot at WBC/WBA champion Keith Thurman and loses that shot if he fights for the IBF.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                    #1 - Spence isn't available. The IBF has ordered a mandatory defense.

#2 - Porter isn't ranked by the IBF.

#3 - Porter has a guaranteed shot at WBC/WBA champion Keith Thurman and loses that shot if he fights for the IBF.
                    I forgot about the Ocampo fight ordered by the IBF, my bad. With that said Porter could of fought Spence instead of the pointless Granados fight.

So you're telling me, had Porter fought and beat Spence that his shot at Thurman is long gone? Man they could unify. Thurman has said himself he wants to unify, you don't think people would hold his feet to the fire for that fight? Heck he's getting pressed now in every interview about Errol

Comment

Ratings would be great for that fight, then cap off the year with a unification for all the belts(minus the WBO). I mean what's not to like about that?

I have no problem with Keith's get back fight. He's coming off an injury so it's understandable. But Porter acts like(even in this video) he didn't know that. I mean if he's being honest with himself did he really think he was gonna get the call in May on Keith's return fight? He actually said "ok now I can make a move" as if he didn't know. So while he's waiting on the end of the year I don't see any reason why he can't fight Spence to try and pick up a title. Who is he gonna fight in the meantime, another Adrian Granados level dude?
                      Yeah they all want to pounce on Keith knowing his injury and vulnerability as well as inactivity. Spence and Porter know this. This is why Abel continued to make headlines when Bummelo injured his hand after Smith. They were still chasing the fight with Bummelo.

I would like to see Thurman fight Adames. That guy is huge and would help raise Keef’s Game proper for Oct to fight a top 5. Keith needs serious preparation for Spence.

Why can’t we get Garcia vs Porter?

Comment

Working...
                      X