Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anthony Joshua Currently Weighs Less Than 240lbs 6 Weeks Out Of Unification Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He may need to be lighter and faster. Parker has fast hands and throws lots of punches every round. Parker has a good chin and sets a fast pace.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnston View Post
      The heavier he gets his speed and cardio suffer from it, this is the case for nearly every human being walking this earth. You walk around at 250 pounds of pure muscle it's gonna have some negative effects on a sport that's mainly aerobic
      boxing is mainly anaerobic, but you're correct with the rest.

Comment

Don’t matter how much he weighs, England always choke at world level.

And the new IBF, IBO, WBA champion.....

Comment

he almost skinny as me now

Comment

The heavier he gets his speed and cardio suffer from it, this is the case for nearly every human being walking this earth. You walk around at 250 pounds of pure muscle it's gonna have some negative effects on a sport that's mainly aerobic
            O. K but what fight below 250 shows stamina problems ?

Speed will slow , im talking stamina .

How are you gaging his stamina ? If hes heavier he needs more stamina to carry the weight .

He just went 10 rnds at 254 and won every rnd .

Your making a claim his performance drops above 240,theres nothing to suggest that .
            Last edited by juggernaut666; 02-15-2018, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
              O. K but what fight below 250 shows stamina problems ?

Speed will slow , im talking stamina .

How are you gaging his stamina ? If hes heavier he needs more stamina to carry the weight .

He just went 10 rnds at 254 and won every rnd .
              I'm not saying his cardio is that bad, but he really starts to slow down at the half way point, breathing out of his mouth and what not. This is just what I see, mainly in that takam fight. I mean the guy could be 260 and I'm sure he would still dominate guys, but when he was coming in at the low 240s he looked a lot better to me

Comment

Joshua is going to destroy Parker...it won't be pretty

Comment

I'm not saying his cardio is that bad, but he really starts to slow down at the half way point, breathing out of his mouth and what not. This is just what I see, mainly in that takam fight. I mean the guy could be 260 and I'm sure he would still dominate guys, but when he was coming in at the low 240s he looked a lot better to me
                  He only fought ONE time at 240 in his 10th fight .

All his other fights were 245 and over after his 10th fight .

You cant seriously tell me he looked better in his early fights bc that would be false . And against much easier opposition when he was 230's .

Anyone who is that muscular and 245 plus with his style couldn't possibly keep a high tempo up every round .

In fact Joshua if anything is showing good stamina going 10 and 11 rnds bc he was averaging 3 rnd fights prior to Klitchko .

His punch count picks up in late rnds, no one with poor stamina at 250 would be able to do this .

This is why when ppl parrot around here i ask a reason for it .

Joshua at 260 ? Thats not a good idea win or lose .

His weight should be 245 /250 ,and fluctuate not far off those marks depending on opponent . With the more refined defense and experience he gained since 2014 , MAYBE about 238/242 is better but i wouldn't fix whats not broken , the guys 6'6 and 245 is not hindering him ,this is some nonsensical theory conjured up based on no facts . lol.
                  Last edited by juggernaut666; 02-15-2018, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing42 View Post
                    112.9= 249 lbs
                    248.38 to be exact but yeah...he's not under 240 lbs. It's right in the video.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                      He only fought ONE time at 240 in his 10th fight .

All his other fights were 245 and over after his 10th fight .

You cant seriously tell me he looked better in his early fights bc that would be false . And against much easier opposition when he was 230's .

Anyone who is that muscular and 245 plus with his style couldn't possibly keep a high tempo up every round .

In fact Joshua if anything is showing good stamina going 10 and 11 rnds bc he was averaging 3 rnd fights prior to Klitchko .

His punch count picks up in late rnds, no one with poor stamina at 250 would be able to do this .

This is why when ppl parrot around here i ask a reason for it .

Joshua at 260 ? Thats not a good idea win or lose .

His weight should be 245 /250 ,and fluctuate not far off those marks depending on opponent . With the more refined defense and experience he gained since 2014 , MAYBE about 238/242 is better but i wouldn't fix whats not broken , the guys 6'6 and 245 is not hindering him ,this is some nonsensical theory conjured up based on no facts . lol.
                      You are taking some of the things I said too literal, I practically agree with every statement you just made. I never said he had poor stamina, I said his speed and stamina would be better at around 240ish, I just don't see much gain from fighting at 255. For a man that size his cardio is great but it would be better if it was 10 pounds less, as would his movement, speed, and nearly everything else. Maybe outside punch resistance , and maybe power

Comment

Working...
                      X