Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wilder-Fury in Vegas?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Better make it in Vegas, otherwise Saunders and his crew will lynch Beyontay.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
      It definitely won't be a financial flop. Wilder put 14k in Brooklyn last fight, and you have to think the Brits will travel for this fight. The live gate will likely be around 4-5 million. The big question is if it can catch a spark with the casuals and do solid PPV numbers.
      What Brits? It's not like Fury has a huge fanbase. Pretty solid indication of that was the crowd booing at the end of his fight tonight... that was 25thousand Irish fans that have paid to see Frampton and don't give a crap about Tyson Fury.

He'll no doubt get some fans over there, but I wouldn't expect anywhere near the levels you saw when Hatton fought.

Beyond that it's PPV in both the US and the UK. Figure it'll do reasonable numbers in the US due to all the promotion it'll get but over in the UK on BT Sport PPV i'm expecting terrible numbers for a 4am fight on a channel that simply does not reach anywhere near as many people as Sky.

Comment

And what exactly is that? What is in the consensus of what type of numbers it does? Or how much money it generates?
        Fury just got booed on a Frampton undercard and Wilder isn't really a draw in America. This isn't a Vegas calibre fight and having it their cuts into the UK PPV.

Comment

And what exactly is that? What is in the consensus of what type of numbers it does? Or how much money it generates?
          people are saying wilders gonna be the A side for a joshua fight after it, and saying he earns around 15 mill which he was offered for the joshua fight. they are deluded, wheres the money gonna come from?

Comment

I think it does about 250K -300K buys on US PPV. Not a huge success but not really a flop either.

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
              I'm not sure how this does on PPV. What's the vibe from Fury's fans like over there now, bro? Do you think he will be able to bring a bunch of fans across the pond to support? Not as much as Hatton I'm sure, but hopefully there is a decent turnout.

I hope it does well. Maybe the better it does, the more likely AJ and Wilder will get closer to being on the same page about a fight....? (or who knows...could be Joshua/Fury).
              i cant see there being many brits going out to vegas for it to be honest.

Comment

Wilder will make more money fighting Fury than AJ ever has in any bout!

Comment

Originally posted by The Madison View Post
                  people are saying wilders gonna be the A side for a joshua fight after it, and saying he earns around 15 mill which he was offered for the joshua fight. they are deluded, wheres the money gonna come from?
                  It was Hearn saying Wilder will get $15mil and Fury $10mil, think it was another one kf his "if I was promoting it" deals. Warren said there was a confidentiallty clause in place to not reveal purses.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
                    It was Hearn saying Wilder will get $15mil and Fury $10mil, think it was another one kf his "if I was promoting it" deals. Warren said there was a confidentiallty clause in place to not reveal purses.
                    yeah i cant see them getting anywhere near that based on wilders last fights. ANd by fighting in the US it takes away a lot of the money that tyson fury could bring to the table.

Comment

This is WAY BIGGER than the AJ fight doe,
                      according to Wilder.
                      I expect Fury to be guaranteed way bigger than the $50 mil offered to AJ.
                      Man where will all this money coming from?
                      Espinoza will have a nervous breakdown looking for funds.
                      They will have to sell 4 mil PPVs for $50 each.

Comment

Working...
                      X