Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Mayweather vs Pacquiao rematch is pointless because...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
    Just like the first fight, these guys are not in their primes.
    It’ll sell only because there are enough ignorant people to support it
    It would sell because they are both legends and people respect their craft. They would draw more than any card right now because they earned respect over the years.
    I'd buy it.

Comment

Guerrero had more success against Floyd than Pacroid did.

Poochiao needs to worry about the Hornet that whooped his ass.

Comment

I'd pay to watch floyd beat that little crack head again

Comment

Floyd tried to force him to wear different gloves for their fight?

Since when?

Comment

Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
            Wouldn't you want to see Hagler Leonard fight when they were 40 as a farewell bout between legends?

Off course its not the same at their prime, but people pay to watch old singers perform coz it's still entertainment.

In boxing once they get too old and can't box anymore. They can never return in the ring.

Having a last send off for the fans, seeing 2 greats in the ring one last time is still sale-able. But, it won't be the 4m ppv buys as before. BUt this still can reach 2 million ppv at least.

They are still 2 of the most popular boxer in the world. This is a global event. PPV is not only going to be in the US, but around the world. It's a no brainer to make a rematch. The big question is.. Why duck it? Fear? lack of confidence?

All I know.. Pac wants it the other rather quack.

FEAR

No! It’s a farce. Just like Duran/Leonard 3. The fight means no more than an old timers game means to the legacy of baseball legends. If that’s your thing fine but imo, it’s a waste of time watching it

Comment

Count the Manny misses I know how you like slow motion, clip is fair to both showing their best and Floyd schooled him, no beat down just a shutdown to where Manny could not do sht.

Manny needs a better show than Lucas to get Floyd up for it, Floyd beat Manny so easy their is no incentive and no challenge for him, you gotta be really competitive with Floyd to force a rematch , he beat Manny toooo easy.

Manny needs to a beat Crawford Spence or Thurman at 147 , or 140 and below Lomo Garcia.

Manny is sitting in Garcias sloppy seconds isle, for Floyd to come back Manny gotta earn it with a really big win over a top shelf fighter, because he got to convince other than Manny fans that he can win, the media and general public gotta think her can win and they don't.

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
                No! It’s a farce. Just like Duran/Leonard 3. The fight means no more than an old timers game means to the legacy of baseball legends. If that’s your thing fine but imo, it’s a waste of time watching it
                Yeah, true at this point the first match nor a rematch will make any difference. They didn't fight in their prime. Meaning nothing really was settled.

But to see 2 legends fight one last time before they close the curtains for good and bow out to the boxing commuity with a fellow ATG. Yeah, anytime. Defintely buy that. Just as Stallone would.

It's not like I don't buy concerts of old singers who still have classic songs to woo the audience. Like I said, once old boxers can't step in the ring. They are gone for good. At this point, I'm savouring the last fights of Pacquiao and If Floyd still can, which we all know he can with the minimum wear and tear he got from his defensive fighting style. Floyd can even reach 50 yo if he wants too, He can easily Beat Hopkins record of age fighting, but who cares about Floyd fighting anyways, his boring style will always stay boring. It's only with an opponent that takes it too that makes it interesting, hence, Pacquiao Mayweather 2. But like I said, I don't think he has the balls for a rematch. It's his loss not Manny's. It's Floyd's hugging and running that stunk up the first fight to the disappointment of the fans.

Even Stallone knows it's 99% certain this rematch should happen for all the money, honour and legacy that comes with closing this rivalry.

Well, If Floyd doesn't show up for a rematch. We can only conclude FEAR of losing again with no USADA to help him with his IVs this time is something he can't do anymore. As time goes by.. It just shows who truly was the warrior between the two.

VADA won't allow this.

A competent ref won't allow this..

@1:15 - "Keep running Floyd. Keep running. You can do it!"

Last edited by Spoon23; 08-18-2018, 04:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  Floyd tried to force him to wear different gloves for their fight?

Since when?

Floyd wanted all the advantages going in. IVs, Judges, Ref, compubox, gloves the works..

And after all that we gave the lamest account of himself in a super fight. Sad truth.

Mayweather vs Pacquiao: Floyd raises concern over gloves, but gets denied by Nevada

https://www.badlefthook.com/2015/5/2...loves-but-gets

Last edited by Spoon23; 08-18-2018, 02:59 AM.

Comment

I'd watch it. Two faded legends.

Great money fight for both and a pretty safe fight for both guys that likely goes to decision again with neither being really hurt.

Much better option than Floyd getting humiliated under Mma rules and Pac fighting the likes of Spence.

Comment

The fight was pointless in 2015, Marquez knocked Pac out 3 years before. Mayweather fights damaged goods.

Comment

Working...
                      X