Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GGG will be age 38, same as DURAN vs Iran Barkley. Can He Pull It Off?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxing_1013 View Post
    GGG is comparable to Duran levels-wise for me...but Canelo is a different level and probably at least two over Barkley...Barkley was what he was...a rather limited brawler who would be a long day for anyone...but if you could box and take a shot you would most likely beat him...Canelo has issues with inactivity but he has great skills and was probably more durable than Barkley too.

I still think GGG can outwork Canelo most rounds, even now...and would be a good bet to take a decision if the setting was neutral...but Canelo improved against him in fight 2, and I could see him closing the gap further in fight 3...but I still think GGG will likely outwork him most rounds...GGG is just considerably more active than Canelo, but Canelo has some very good work as well, and does some great combo punching at times....but he tends to fight in spurts, likely to conserve stamina which has been an issue for him.

Will be interesting to see if GGG comes in with the mindset that he has to go for the KO...could lead to a great fight...motivation wise this 3rd fight should favor GGG - he has everything to prove now, while Canelo will be a little fat and happy after his win in the 2nd fight (and wins since then)...kind of the opposite scenario to fight 2, where Canelo, with the PED scandal and draw/Mexican style taunts from fight 1, had everything to prove.

Will have to see how each guy looks closer to the fight, and what reports are coming out of their camps, how confident each looks etc...hard to call it now.

So often the difference between winning in losing in sports is motivation levels...to use an extreme example, the worst team in a league can beat the best, on any given day, because they are very likely more motivated on that given day when they face the best team...the best team just looks at them like another guy.

That motivation should be in GGG's favor but we will see...if someone gets KOed I will still lean to GGG getting KOed, as he looked a little vulnerable vs SD...but I wouldn't be surprised to see some fireworks here...hopefully it happens late this year while GGG should still have a decent shot to do some good work.

what a fkn idiot

the gift, that keeps on giving

Comment

Despite GGG is in the twilight of his career he still has a chance to beat ped user

Comment

Originally posted by TheMyspaceDayz View Post
        GGG has a very real chance.

From the feel of this forum I’d venture to say that win or lose, everyone is going to be very surprised on fight night.
        Youre not wrong I agree

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing_1013 View Post
          GGG is comparable to Duran levels-wise for me...

what a fkn idiot

the gift, that keeps on giving

WTF... ???

how come none of you guys call out that fkn moron for the MASSIVELY ****** things that he posts? LMAO

Comment

I hope GGG feels like the people who take him as too old to fight at his current level anymore. Then GGG goes into the fight and takes real chances figure if it is an L at least I am going to go out fighting. That would make the fight much more interesting at this point. That attitude would make it a great fight be it a win or a loss. But no draw no matter how they both go into the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance98 View Post
              GGG is on a decline since 2016 when he was 34, so what makes you think he will have some sort of resurgence 4 years later? He is no pacquiao or floyd. He is average at best, and his body is failing him as well. He could not even keep up with snac training, was not disciplined, so he was let go by victor conte. He is not going to get better.
              You mean the other way around. SNAC was most likely let go by Golovkin because his other sponser did not like him associating with Conte a known criminal and con man.

Comment

A couple of things.
                SNAC was most likely let go by Golovkin because his other sponser did not like him associating with Conte a known criminal and con man. As far as Canelo improving in the second fight I don't buy it. The biggest difference between the first fight and second fight was Canelo's team implemented the proper game plan in the rematch. Going to the ropes using excessive body movement when it wasn't necessary which accomplished little was a dumb idea. He had the skills to make a competitive fight he just didn't use them.

Comment

Only 38 ? GGG fans make him out to be 96.

Comment

Working...
                  X