Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your thoughts on artificial intelligence?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
    Im going to start investing in AI..

Im telling yoos, AI is the sht to invest in right now cuz all hell is going to break loose.

I have to think that's a great idea. In the book I'm reading, the author predicted spending on AI, from R&D to actual products and everything in between, is going to increase a ****load over the next several years.

Comment

It's fake......

Comment

I prefer real intelligence

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
          Im going to start investing in AI..

Im telling yoos, AI is the sht to invest in right now cuz all hell is going to break loose.
          I second this

Comment

Originally posted by club fighter View Post
            As long as they don't come at me to gouge my eyes out I'm cool with them.

Or try to kiss me...

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
              Or try to kiss me...

.... that depends .....

Comment

Terminator.

Comment

Originally posted by club fighter View Post
                  .... that depends .....

Point noted.

Comment

I think it will render us all useless...eventually. At least in terms of employment. I think the "AI will kill us" Elon Musk logic is a lil more Y2K-ish than reality personnally. I'm under the belief, or maybe hope cuz I'm no robot science dork, some sort of governor, like on cars, could be put on AI that would make it unable to just randomly kill humans like some John Rambo robot if it came to some beyond human belief we needed to be exterminated for the betterment of the universe, planet or just other AI.

As to the more immediate issue of jobs I think lower level jobs are at risk right now. These Amazon stores they are testing out now where you get charged for whatever you walk outta stores with surely cuts the needed employees at a store down by ~50% if not more once the big chains start using that technology. Thats a problem & its only going to become a bigger issue as AI takes over the driving industry & other industries its poised to takeover when the government allows them to.

I think in time, probably not in our lifetimes or at least towards the end of our lifetimes, AI will allow for more creative jobs to be employed by robots. Like there will be robot comedians & robot actors (one could argue CGI has already made real actors obsolete although its not the cost effective move to make yet...but it will be eventually) & that sorta sh^t.

What that all means for humans I won't even begin to act like I know. But it could be anything from a Time Machine-like future or a future where we are all spending our days just living our lifes whatever that means without a job & probably some basic income type economy for 99% of us. I tend to lean towards it being some middle ground between those two extremes where not unlike now things don't entirely suck & they aren't entirely perfect either although overall its a better existence for all or most of us.
                    Last edited by Eff Pandas; 01-20-2019, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
                      By artificial intelligence I don't mean a human-like machine with a brain more capable than ours, although that would be included in AI, just a way advanced form. AI also includes self-driving cars, chess programs, medical analysis software, automated hvac control, etc.

Opponents of AI have two main worries: that AI will evolve into a superior race and kill us, or AI will render us all useless.

But advocates cite things like how much it could help in the medical field and make transportation safer.
                      Search and understand the Authentic before the Artificial.

Comment

Working...
                      X