Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does rampage do if he gets beat this weekend?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does rampage do if he gets beat this weekend?

I cant see where rampage will go if he gets beaten this weekend? He will never win a title at 205 becuase he is two one dimensional and only has his boxing to fall back on (his boxing is way way overated IMO)

I see machida running rings around him for 3 ounds and getting a UD. Rampage hasnt added anything to his arsenal since his pride days and now its coming back to haunt him. He got beaten by rashad becuase he cant wrestle to well, got beaten by forest because his stamina isnt there and he would get ruined by shogun like before.

What do you see him doing?

Rampage is on the downhill of his career. I wouldn't count him out completely against Machida, but all he has is a puncher's chance against him.

He is most likely going to lose, and from there I could see him getting a fight with Lil Nog, or a Forrest rematch. Rampage is still a big name and I don't think he'll be regulated to gatekeeper just yet. He'll be around in the UFC for more fights whether he wins or loses.

Rampage will probably have a Matt Hughes or Randy Couture type role, where he gets big fights, but not necessarily in contention for a title shot.

Comment

Probably face Tito/Nog/Griffin/Franklin/Belfort or someone like that. He can still have entertaining fights if matched correctly.

Based upon interviews I've seen and the fallout over the A-Team thing, he seems to be getting a bit tired of being a fighter so if he loses he may just retire.

Comment

in his fight with henderson he showed alot but ofc henderson went for it.
        most fighters dont take the fight to rampage and can win on points.

as much as i like the wolfs lair fighters, its been terrible for him IMO.

their best wrestler is Bisping :P

Comment

Originally posted by Sn1gger View Post
          in his fight with henderson he showed alot but ofc henderson went for it.
          most fighters dont take the fight to rampage and can win on points.

as much as i like the wolfs lair fighters, its been terrible for him IMO.

their best wrestler is Bisping :P
          I have to agree with you.
          I noticed the trainer at the wolfslair on the countdown show saying machida has a worse chin than rashad lol how can you say that? its pretty obvious rashad has the worst chin of any elite 205 fighter, he was ko'd big time by machida who isnt a big hitter, he was on queer street against t,silva and rampage had him down and out. I hope rampage doesnt go out headhunting becuase his trainer thinks machida is chinny.

I cant see how rampage wins it? all he can do is cut of the ring with educated pressure and throw punches in bunches. This tactic takes alot of stamina and good footwork. Both of which rampage doesnt have.

Comment

A loss would certainly be a setback on his career. I agree he's get limitations and will probably never reach the summit of the division again, although it's a little soon to count him out just yet. I think he has a decent shot to beat Machida actually. Machida is certainly the favorite going in, but I wouldn't write Rampage off. A win of course would get him right back in the title mix.
            Last edited by Drunken Cat; 11-19-2010, 04:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
              Probably face Tito/Nog/Griffin/Franklin/Belfort or someone like that. He can still have entertaining fights if matched correctly.

Based upon interviews I've seen and the fallout over the A-Team thing, he seems to be getting a bit tired of being a fighter so if he loses he may just retire.
              Exactly this. Couldn't have said it better myself

Comment

Originally posted by ƒallenloki View Post
                Exactly this. Couldn't have said it better myself
                the UFC stopped caring about Entertainment awhile back.

think its time they scrapped telling fighters they are in title eliminator.
                pretty much ruined every eliminator fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Sn1gger View Post
                  the UFC stopped caring about Entertainment awhile back.

think its time they scrapped telling fighters they are in title eliminator.
                  pretty much ruined every eliminator fight.
                  have to agree with you mate. I used to really really love watching the UFC years ago. over the last couple of years the entertainemnt has dropped dramatically. The fighters cant ko each for ****. I havent seen a decent ufc in months it seems. Every fight goes to the floor and stays there. no fighters make an attempt to finish the fight and jsut go for the win.

I think if the UFC continues like this it will be dead in 10 years.

Comment

Working...
                  X