Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who are those guys we get commentating on Main event?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who are those guys we get commentating on Main event?

Who are they? The sound American but Idk who they are.

Why can't we have the HBO team?

Originally posted by One more round View Post

One of them was "The Colonel" Bob Sheridan. Not sure about the other guy.

Masterful display by Floyd, although I admit my heart skipped a few beats in the second round.

Comment

We don't get HBO America. We get HBO International, and the two guys are "Colonel" Bob Sheridan and Dave Bon Tempo. Both guys know their stuff, and are far better than the independent Top Rank production crew on Main Event, but Lampley, Merchant et al are on a different level to the Colonel and Dave. They commentate in a way that elevates the spirit of the event, the combat and the soul.

Comment

Once a pone a time we got HBO coverage here, it was a long time ago. DLH vs Chavez II was the first ppv we ever order at home and that was HBO, so was DLH vs. Quartey and a whole heap of them.

I think it was when DLH fought Mosley for the first time we stopped getting the HBO coverage.

I remember watching Tzsyu on HBO boxing after dark on regular Fox Sports LIVE as well at home.

Not sure why it stopped. I think it had something to with HBO not being able to shown outside of the USA or something.

What ever the reason it is, it ****ing sucks.

I'm sick of the watered down coverage we get here it doesn't even come close to the HBO coverage.

Comment

Originally posted by ColWallace View Post
          We don't get HBO America. We get HBO International, and the two guys are "Colonel" Bob Sheridan and Dave Bon Tempo. Both guys know their stuff, and are far better than the independent Top Rank production crew on Main Event, but Lampley, Merchant et al are on a different level to the Colonel and Dave. They commentate in a way that elevates the spirit of the event, the combat and the soul.
          That isn't HBO International, no real such thing as HBO International.

Comment

Working...
          X