Travis Kauffman Scores :80 Knockout Over William Shahan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travis Kauffman Scores :80 Knockout Over William Shahan

Travis Kauffman Scores :80 Second Knockout in Primm, NV

Primm, NV - Unbeaten heavyweight prospect Travis Kauffman of Reading, PA scored an easy first round knockout of late replacement William Shahan at Buffalo Bill’s Star of the Desert Arena in Primm, NV. The time was 1:20. Kauffman moves his record to 18-0 (15 KO) while Shahan drops to 8-2 (7 KO). The show was promoted by Gary Shaw Productions and televised by ESPN2's Friday Night Fights.

Kauffman, 224.5 pounds, came out working his jab looking to find the distance on his heavier opponent, who tipped the scales at 245 pounds. After a brief feeling out period, Kauffman took advantage of his opponent dropping his left hand after throwing a hook, threw a left jab and came crashing down with an overhand right that put the Glenville, WV native on his back. Shahan beat the count - barely - at the count of nine and was punished further until his corner threw in the towel.

"I feel great," says Kauffman, who had used Muhammad Ali's old training camp in Deer Lake, PA to prepare for this bout. "I'm ready to go again tomorrow if they wanted me to."

"I didn't go in there trying to just blow the guy out. I wanted to work on some of the things I had been working on in camp. That's exactly what happened."

Kauffman intends to return to Deer Lake as soon as he gets home to prepare for his next fight, which will probably be later this month or early September.
Working...
X