Fight Night 4 Controls Are Getting Updated Says EA

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fight Night 4 Controls Are Getting Updated Says EA

Intro:

After I got my hands on the Fight Night 4 Demo I was amazed. The game is incredible in every way Graphics, Sound, Fun Factor, and Gameplay but, there is a major negative to the gameplay situation. Similar to Factor 5’s game LAIR that debuted on the Playstation 3 it was released only using motion controls which put a major damper on the success of the game and sadly EA Sports Fight Night 4 according to the demo was about to share that same fate until.

Point #1

I did some research on the fans of this game and the majority ruled in favor of having the option to use Face Buttons just like in Fight Night Round 3 for your punches instead of being limited to the Total Control Analog Punch gameplay style. Well I’ve contacted EA regarding this matter and it was remarkable how they responded. Here’s a quote from one of the employees that’s behind the production of this game.
    “Thanks for this, man. Appreciate honest feedback.

The team is aware of the concerns, and though we can’t make any
    official comment on the button issue, rest assured it is being
    addressed.

The good thing about our current gaming landscape is the ability to
    patch a game on day one.

I will keep you posted. Thanks again for reaching out.”

That right there sealed the deal and also shows how powerful us gamers are in this industry and how dedicated EA is as a company for there fan base to remain happy.

Closing

Every company in this industry needs to learn from Factor 5’s mistake and that is “never take away options that gamers want to justify what you think is correct as a developer” – Gerard (HipHopGamer) Williams.
    Surely in the end you have to cater to the gamers and options will always save the day for a developer’s success.

Written By: Gerard (HipHopGamer) Williams

http://www.hiphopgamershow.com/?p=9516

After I got my hands on the Fight Night 4 Demo I was amazed. The game is incredible in every way Graphics, Sound, Fun Factor, and Gameplay
    :*******::*******::*******::*******:

Comment

I love the demo. Don't change a thing!

Comment

Button mashers had an advantage over people using TPC throwing Combos in FNR3

Keep this way.. it's actually fair

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post

No, you just suck at the game with analog sticks. Their is no advanatage to either people. Button Mashers? Buttons pick shots, while analog stick throws random punches... Genius. Atleast on buttons I know when I choose to throw a jab, so analog stick doesn't randomly throw it for me. Why do brawlers love the analog stick so much? I like to be boxing he relies on punches I know what is going to be thrown by pressing a button... God damn you brawlers

Comment

Originally posted by ACHlLLES View Post
            No, you just suck at the game with analog sticks. Their is no advanatage to either people. Button Mashers? Buttons pick shots, while analog stick throws random punches... Genius. Atleast on buttons I know when I choose to throw a jab, so analog stick doesn't randomly throw it for me.
            Button mashers do get an advantage. They know exactly what they are going to throw, and where its going to land. Even though I'm experienced with the stick, I still throw mistake shots. Anyone who wants the buttons back, sucks at the game and should stick to prizefighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Al Coholic View Post
              Intro:

After I got my hands on the Fight Night 4 Demo I was amazed. The game is incredible in every way Graphics, Sound, Fun Factor, and Gameplay but, there is a major negative to the gameplay situation. Similar to Factor 5’s game LAIR that debuted on the Playstation 3 it was released only using motion controls which put a major damper on the success of the game and sadly EA Sports Fight Night 4 according to the demo was about to share that same fate until.

Point #1

I did some research on the fans of this game and the majority ruled in favor of having the option to use Face Buttons just like in Fight Night Round 3 for your punches instead of being limited to the Total Control Analog Punch gameplay style. Well I’ve contacted EA regarding this matter and it was remarkable how they responded. Here’s a quote from one of the employees that’s behind the production of this game.
              “Thanks for this, man. Appreciate honest feedback.

The team is aware of the concerns, and though we can’t make any
              official comment on the button issue, rest assured it is being
              addressed.

The good thing about our current gaming landscape is the ability to
              patch a game on day one.

I will keep you posted. Thanks again for reaching out.”

That right there sealed the deal and also shows how powerful us gamers are in this industry and how dedicated EA is as a company for there fan base to remain happy.

Closing

Every company in this industry needs to learn from Factor 5’s mistake and that is “never take away options that gamers want to justify what you think is correct as a developer” – Gerard (HipHopGamer) Williams.
              Surely in the end you have to cater to the gamers and options will always save the day for a developer’s success.

Written By: Gerard (HipHopGamer) Williams

http://www.hiphopgamershow.com/?p=9516
              I highlighted the biggest key point here..

If they go through with this it is very good news.

So I am guessing it will just come up as an update to download for the game??
              Last edited by robjr; 05-17-2009, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ACHlLLES View Post
                No, you just suck at the game with analog sticks. Their is no advanatage to either people. Button Mashers? Buttons pick shots, while analog stick throws random punches... Genius. Atleast on buttons I know when I choose to throw a jab, so analog stick doesn't randomly throw it for me. Why do brawlers love the analog stick so much? I like to be boxing he relies on punches I know what is going to be thrown by pressing a button... God damn you brawlers
                Or you suck ass at sticks?

Comment

lol

Im **** at the sticks i want the buttons myself...

Im thinking they still have enough time to sort this..

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post

I agree...TPC actually takes a decent amount of skill

Comment

Working...
                    X