Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 02-15-2008, 04:25 AM #1
Big Bad Booty Daddy

Quoted: 3253 Post(s)
BIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,502,158,462,674.53
...and a Happy New Year! - Flab .........no homo - MANIAC310 for the amazing job you do reporting the boxing news! - jose830 happy holidays Popa! - jazluvr To wipe yourself down with after Reeno's sprayed his seed up you - !! Anorak 
Kudos to responding to the trolling!  Seeing your pic of Mayweather on the throne has become a daily routine for me. - Trudoe saw your name on my 'recent visitor list'...I'm flattered :flirt: - -jose- Merry Christmas - TBear No Message - fokas No Message - fokas 
new phone layout :fing02: love it!!! - -jose- No Message - alexander28 Happy Holidays BIGPOPPAPUMP - TBear Merry Christmas! - -jose- No Message - -jose- 
No Message - -jose- testing - cheeseburger Have a safe and Happy Holiday - TBear Merry Christmas - TBear Thanks - JimRaynor 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Butterball Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - -Ash- Head and Neck Cancer - -Ash- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Ash- Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - bearman3000 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Grand Champ Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - bigpauly Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Trudoe Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - jas Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Scott-Weiland World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr 
Post ESPN Lawsuit Looms, Loughrey Farce Continues

The tug of war over middleweight prospect Harry Joe Yorgey (21-0-1, 9KOs) is likley to end up in court of law. To bring everyone up to date, I'm going backtrack the details of the ongoing legalfest. [details]
BIGPOPPAPUMP is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 02-15-2008, 11:28 AM #2
Interim Champion

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
PeterinMI has a spectacular aura aboutPeterinMI has a spectacular aura about
Total Points: 32,710.20
Angry Pisses me off

You know I was a casual fan of boxing, maybe a bit more then casual, in the 80's through early 90's. I then got busy and the lack of coverage and televised fights drove me away. It was only two years ago when my travels forced me to spend 4 to 5 nights a week in a hotel room that I became a true fan. Watching ESPN classic showings of matches gave me something to look forward to in the hotel room.

This crap is the type of thing that could turn me right back off again. It seems criminal to me that you can't watch any names at the top of the game witout shelling out $50.00. If you want to split the PPV you have to find a few friends that actually give a flying fart about a sport they all gave up years ago. To see a fight in person for one of these names you need to travel to one of a few cities that seem to host them. Then for local fighting give it up. Because of the lack of coverage half the cards seem to get cancelled and promoters continue to swear they will "never return" due to a 10% occupancy at the arena. Then of course we have the sanctioning bodies who couldn't sanction a tarot reading if any real oversight was in place. We have fighters that don't or won't fight real competition. I think Floyd is the best fighter out there but you know what....who cares if he isn't going to fight. If you aren't going to do anything but do the victory dance then fine but lets stop argueing about your talent as your talent is no longer relevant.

I can deal with the frustrations above but when the last real vestige of free viewing of the sport begins to look as tainted as we are all told it really is, well it really starts to get you down.

Don't get me wrong. I really, really love the sport. It does frustrate me that it seems a sport that I alone of anyone I talk to in real life seems to care about. But in reality am I the only one who gets a little down on these type of articles and the business decisions that seem to be driving the sport into the nosebleed seats of the sports arena?

Sorry for the rant. Just a bit ornery today I guess.

Last edited by PeterinMI; 02-15-2008 at 01:05 PM. Reason: Spelling Error
PeterinMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 03:38 PM #3
Amateur

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
kz458 is on a distinguished road
Total Points: 767.25
Default Hey E.S.P.N Wake up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey E.S.P.N. how long are you guys going to cover up this mess!!!!!!!!.
You know Loughrey is guilty... but I guess you really don't care!!!!!!!
And you care less less about the sport with the way you are responding to this joke.
Who is Loughrey related to that you would not check this out...
Oh I wrong you checked it out by letting Loughrey listen in!!!! Nice going Keep up the ****ty work.
I am loosing all respect for you guys.
How can you keep Loughrey on what the hell is wrong with this picture???????????????
I can't beleive you spended Teddy Atlas Are you kidding :::: what did you do to Loughrey -- Oh yeah you let him listen to the people being interviewed about this mess. NICE GOING......
kz458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 03:40 PM #4
Contender

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
mr.anthrax has a reputation beyond reputemr.anthrax has a reputation beyond reputemr.anthrax has a reputation beyond reputemr.anthrax has a reputation beyond reputemr.anthrax has a reputation beyond reputemr.anthrax has a reputation beyond reputemr.anthrax has a reputation beyond reputemr.anthrax has a reputation beyond reputemr.anthrax has a reputation beyond reputemr.anthrax has a reputation beyond reputemr.anthrax has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 18,056.55

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterinMI View Post
You know I was a casual fan of boxing, maybe a bit more then casual, in the 80's through early 90's. I then got busy and the lack of coverage and televised fights drove me away. It was only two years ago when my travels forced me to spend 4 to 5 nights a week in a hotel room that I became a true fan. Watching ESPN classic showings of matches gave me something to look forward to in the hotel room.

This crap is the type of thing that could turn me right back off again. It seems criminal to me that you can't watch any names at the top of the game witout shelling out $50.00. If you want to split the PPV you have to find a few friends that actually give a flying fart about a sport they all gave up years ago. To see a fight in person for one of these names you need to travel to one of a few cities that seem to host them. Then for local fighting give it up. Because of the lack of coverage half the cards seem to get cancelled and promoters continue to swear they will "never return" due to a 10% occupancy at the arena. Then of course we have the sanctioning bodies who couldn't sanction a tarot reading if any real oversight was in place. We have fighters that don't or won't fight real competition. I think Floyd is the best fighter out there but you know what....who cares if he isn't going to fight. If you aren't going to do anything but do the victory dance then fine but lets stop argueing about your talent as your talent is no longer relevant.

I can deal with the frustrations above but when the last real vestige of free viewing of the sport begins to look as tainted as we are all told it really is, well it really starts to get you down.

Don't get me wrong. I really, really love the sport. It does frustrate me that it seems a sport that I alone of anyone I talk to in real life seems to care about. But in reality am I the only one who gets a little down on these type of articles and the business decisions that seem to be driving the sport into the nosebleed seats of the sports arena?

Sorry for the rant. Just a bit ornery today I guess.

The article makes you mad when you read it. Your commnets are right on the money and I appreciate you taking the time to type it up.
mr.anthrax is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

User Tag List