Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Had Salvador Sanchez lived, Would He Have Beaten JCC?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had Salvador Sanchez lived, Would He Have Beaten JCC?

Sanchez died in 1982 as the WBC Featherweight champion. Chavez turned pro in 1980 and won the WBC Super Featherweight crown in 1984. I mean, these two would have fought more than likely. If so, who wins? I think I'd give the edge to Sanchez due to experience but it's hard to say. Chavez was quite the beast...
    Salvador Sanchez
    78.38%
    Julio Cesar Chavez, Sr.
    21.62%

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
    Sanchez died in 1982 as the WBC Featherweight champion. Chavez turned pro in 1980 and won the WBC Super Featherweight crown in 1984. I mean, these two would have fought more than likely. If so, who wins? I think I'd give the edge to Sanchez due to experience but it's hard to say. Chavez was quite the beast...
    Sanchez was 4-0 with 4 ko against Hall of famers... at age 22! Let that’s sink in, give me Sanchez all day

Comment

I don't know. He had an unbelievable engine and will, but Pat Cowdell took him to a split and Nelson fought him at short notice. Chavez wrecked plenty of top fighters in their primes, but for all his aggression, he had a great defence and maybe that would have been a key factor.

Comment

I have no doubt that a prime Sanchez would have beaten Chavez and any other fighters at his weight

Sanchez was one of those very rare, gifted boxers who are extremely strong in every dept..skills, power, defense, chin, stamina...dude had no weaknesses. So sad his career was cut short

Comment

I would have to go with Sanchez in a brutal bout to the end. Sanchez was a better technical boxer but could also mix it up. I would give Sanchez the edge in a close decision victory.

Comment

Impossible to know how Sanchez would age and in 84 Chavez wasnt fighting anyone elite as he just picked up a vacant title

Comment

would be a hell of a fight tho...boxing fans would win

Comment

Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
                Sanchez was 4-0 with 4 ko against Hall of famers... at age 22! Let that’s sink in, give me Sanchez all day
                Nelson had only 12 fights and short notice to take the 43 fight Sanchez to the wire, his resume is solid but its a reach to say he beats Chavez, he might have but Id spectate I wouldnt bet on it.

Comment

Sanchez any day of the week...

Comment

Originally posted by Roadblock View Post
                    Nelson had only 12 fights and short notice to take the 43 fight Sanchez to the wire, his resume is solid but its a reach to say he beats Chavez, he might have but Id spectate I wouldnt bet on it.
                    That’s true what about the 3 other hall of tamers that he also stopped, I mean if it was his only victory over a HOF then we can probably say it was a fluke but Sanchez was anything but a fluke... the man was special and it would of been a great fight or sure like larry said... boxing would win

Comment

Working...
                    X