No announcement yet.

Hagler of 86 vs Rodrigo Valdez.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
    I did. And you saying that he "gave a decent account of himself" equals bum?

Losing to Marvin Hagler, Terry Norris and Gerald McClellan means that you were a bum? Duane Thomas was not the best but he was no bum either.

I just think that your standards are set to high. He is not included in any P4P all time greats but to call him a bum is ridiculous. I would say that Hagler, an ATG, had a hard time with Mugabi.

I just think that calling him a bum is too farfetched.

And do you realize that one fight can change any fighter......Rockin'
    is that you mugabi? 😜

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Taylor View Post
      he was better than hagler doe
      Leave the forum you absolute halfwit!

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
        Leave the forum you absolute halfwit!
        you have rose tinted glasses.
        valdez f%cks him up. awkward style and fast hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Barn View Post
          How does the Hagler who fought Mugabi do against the very good Valdez who knocked down Monzon?
          this is ****ing tough, but ill pick Valdez.

Comment

struggled with bum mugabi doe and then lost to ray leonards ghost
            Mugubi was good, but Hagler ruined him. I know you dont like that answer, but he came to win that night and got his soul taken.

didn't Valdez beat up Briscoe?

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
              Mugubi was good, but Hagler ruined him. I know you dont like that answer, but he came to win that night and got his soul taken.
              an inexperienced small light middle that never achieved anything before or after.

that was supposed to be a showcase fight and hagler went life and death with that slow little robot.

but i agree he did come to win that night.

didn't Valdez beat up Briscoe?
              knocked him out first time.
              why?

Comment

an inexperienced small light middle that never achieved anything before or after.

that was supposed to be a showcase fight and hagler went life and death with that slow little robot.

but i agree he did come to win that night.

knocked him out first time.
                why?
                well someone said Valdez is only famous for giving Monzon a hard time.

The truth about Hagler is, he came from the same cloth as Carter, Benton, Tiger all iron chinned and skilled middleweights in their own regard. However, Hagler had no competition so he LOOKED like more of a beast. Don't take this as me down playing Hagler, its just this is why Hagler gets this aura about him.

The other thing ill give Hagler is he took his career seriously with his Floyd Mayweather training habits, and never got out of shape or partied too much. The other guys definently did and wont go down in history the same way because of it.

Valdez would have been right in the thick of that mess if he was around at the time. So picking him over Hagler who was on his way out is not that rediculous of a statement. Hagler could ver well win as well but its 50/50 tbh, Valdez was dangerous.

Comment

well someone said Valdez is only famous for giving Monzon a hard time.
                  dont look at me. i think valdez would whip hagler

The truth about Hagler is, he came from the same cloth as Carter, Benton, Tiger all iron chinned and skilled middleweights in their own regard. However, Hagler had no competition so he LOOKED like more of a beast. Don't take this as me down playing Hagler, its just this is why Hagler gets this aura about him.
                  those guys are all very different.

but i agree hagler was made to look better than he is.

benton was better than hagler tbh

The other thing ill give Hagler is he took his career seriously with his Floyd Mayweather training habits, and never got out of shape or partied too much. The other guys definently did and wont go down in history the same way because of it.
                  yeah hagler was a gym rat. young fighters today could learn a thing or two.

Valdez would have been right in the thick of that mess if he was around at the time. So picking him over Hagler who was on his way out is not that rediculous of a statement. Hagler could ver well win as well but its 50/50 tbh, Valdez was dangerous.
                  hes all wrong for hagler. to fast and awkward.

Comment

Working...
                  X