No announcement yet.

Watching 90s heavyweight boxing and that era's overrated due to nostalgia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BangEM View Post
    To get in the ring and take huge punches alone takes a lot of heart. We all see all the huge muscled-up guys who think boxing in this era is easy get knocked outs and beat up fat cabbies and retire.

So why do people tend to shyt on this era like the boxers from the other eras were special? People talk about Ruddock like he’s some killer when he’s not different from a guy like Dillian Whyte. I’d pick Ruiz to beat Tua easily - both have a lot in common but Ruiz will overwhelm him with his extreme hand speed like Byrd did (Byrd’s hands weren’t even as fast as Ruiz’s). I’ve seen more from Dubois who I think is still is green than I saw in Bruno and Bruno was a WBC champion in the 90s. Golota was very similar to Helenius but he was considered a serious contender in the 90s and Helenius is more or less a journeyman in this era.

You lot need to stop hyping the 90s. And the 80s was trash - boxers on the Wlad and Vitali era of the 00s were better than 80s.
    The 80’s HW’s weren’t trash.

Mike Tyson
    Larry Holmes
    Micheal Spinks
    Tim Witherspoon
    James Douglas
    Tony Tucker
    Frank Bruno

Why do you have to exaggerate?

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
      Today’s fighters are better , more Olympic and national champions they are also size able which makes it harder for lighter guys if you look at most matches the heavier guy wins most of the time. I made an actual thread on that about the Fury rematch and was laughed at .

The 90”s had great fighters, Mercer, Morrison , Bowe , Tyson , Holyfield , Foreman etc but they aren’t leaps and bounds what we have now ,I’d favor today’s guys over them more then not . The Klitschko brothers were also around .
      Today’s fighters aren’t better as a whole.

Comment

Originally posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
        Prime Lewis and Prime Ibeabuchi would wipe the floor with everyone in the current top 10..
        The bum Ibeabuchi that became a lunatic? LMAO. That bum had zero defence and he would’ve been killed against the top guys. I’d even pick Helenius to do like he did that Polish bum Kowanacki since they both have zero defence. LMAOOO

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
          You are talking trash again , Tua didn’t have Ruiz skills even Holyfield who has shared the ring with both said Ruiz would be a handful for him . Tua was a very predictable fighter with reliant on a left while Ruiz is the more capable boxer the main thing they share is being to heavy for their respective heights .
          I agree.

You're confused, it is my argument they are very different, not BangEMs.

I didn't say Tua is better at everything. I said he's got faster feet than Ruiz. I since then claimed he's got faster hands and Ruiz has better timing. I really don't see how what you've said doesn't endorse what I'm saying. You're talking **** too?

Comment

Lewis-Tua wasn’t in the 90s.

Comment

people hated lewis when he was boxing, said he was boring but the min he retires he becomes the generation goat. morale of the story, people are fickle.

Comment

Originally posted by BangEM View Post
                The bum Ibeabuchi that became a lunatic? LMAO. That bum had zero defence and he would’ve been killed against the top guys. I’d even pick Helenius to do like he did that Polish bum Kowanacki since they both have zero defence. LMAOOO
                I see that Roger Mayweather is in full effect here..

Comment

Thread is nonsense...First on the Lennox v Tua, Aj v Ruiz 2 comparison, it’s ridiculous...Lennox landed 300 punches on Tua, basically 200 more punches then Tua landed. Aj landed a mere 107 punches, Lennox almost landed as many punches as Aj Threw! Aj obviously fought scared, Lennox fought tall there is a difference..,Lewis also almost threw 700 punches...it was also very one sided no way did Tua win 4 rounds, that’s nonsense he won 1 or 2 at most, the scores that night reflected that....

In conclusion anyone claiming these fights prove Aj is a better then Lennox is either a troll or understands nothing about boxing

Comment

Originally posted by Bitedown View Post
                    Thread is nonsense...First on the Lennox v Tua, Aj v Ruiz 2 comparison, it’s ridiculous...Lennox landed 300 punches on Tua, basically 200 more punches then Tua landed. Aj landed a mere 107 punches, Lennox almost landed as many punches as Aj Threw! Aj obviously fought scared, Lennox fought tall there is a difference..,Lewis also almost threw 700 punches...it was also very one sided no way did Tua win 4 rounds, that’s nonsense he won 1 or 2 at most, the scores that night reflected that....

In conclusion anyone claiming these fights prove Aj is a better then Lennox is either a troll or understands nothing about boxing
                    Aj imo deserves more credit. The guy is fighting all the tough heavies. Definitely the most proven champ today. He just needs to get through wilder fury and usyk to lay claim to this era

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
                      Lewis-Tua wasn’t in the 90s.
                      Correct.

Embarrassing for the TS.

Comment

Working...
                      X