No announcement yet.

Will You Boycotgtf I aint spel rihgt nah

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
    What you mean is he was assaulted on the street. He didn't throw any punches. It was not a fight.
    - -A real fight, not a boxing match.

What grade you in now?

60th?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      Try to ignore that jackass. There are still good posters and good discussion to be had in this section but not usually in any thread where he is involved.
      Your right and I do need to get better at walking away, but my Irish temper gets the best of me sometimes lol. Yea its guys like you and some others that do really know boxing that keeps me coming back and dealing with all the fanboys and trolls.

Comment

• Originally posted by joeandthebums View Post
        A typical sparring session for a day was 5 rounds, opponents varied from 2 to 5.

Robinson unless struggling with the weight never usually sparred once there were 3 days until fight.

He was highly thought of with regards to going into "camps" already close to top condition and his timing on point.

Noted sparring partners of Robinson tended to be experienced undercard fighters.

Wade and Cocoa Kid are unique in that they were big-name fighters used by Robinson and both were effectively retired when made headlines because of incidents.

Excellent report! Do you know if Robinson was considered rough on the sparring partners, besides sometimes apparently not paying them for their services?

Comment

• Originally posted by john l View Post
          Your right and I do need to get better at walking away, but my Irish temper gets the best of me sometimes lol. Yea its guys like you and some others that do really know boxing that keeps me coming back and dealing with all the fanboys and trolls.
          - -Dum and Dummer sitting in a tree...K-I-S-S-I-N-G!

Comment

Do you know if Robinson was considered rough on the sparring partners, besides sometimes apparently not paying them for their services?
            No evidence to suggest he was or wasn't. However I would assume given his comment below that the answer may of been no.

"I was never a killer, like some fighters. I never enjoyed knocking out a guy who I knew had no chance to beat me."

Comment

• Originally posted by joeandthebums View Post
              No evidence to suggest he was or wasn't. However I would assume given his comment below that the answer may of been no.

"I was never a killer, like some fighters. I never enjoyed knocking out a guy who I knew had no chance to beat me."

I have no reason to doubt Ray's assertion. Fortunately for boxing fans, his KO ratio does not seem to have suffered, other than from the exigencies of age.

Comment

• The PPV boycott stays on, but you may legitimately decide to temporarily lift it this weekend, since Porter is something of a pretty viable opponent. In fact, it would be gorgeous if the short man upset the plans of Wonder boy's greedy handlers and beat him this weekend--all that money right out the window if Spence loses to anyone before facing Crawford! I would like to see them get their comeuppance. They will not all be as good as Porter and worth fudging on the boy (by god) cott.
                Last edited by The Old LefHook; 09-25-2019, 10:57 PM.

Comment

• - -Look to the Califlakia judges and ref for guidence as they've a stable of real cornflakes to chose from.

We know Spence and Porter can put on a good fight , but in boxing the officiating is seldom of the same caliber as the top or even 2nd tier fighters.

Comment

I cannot even correct a misspelling in the title. Moderators, erase this thread, please, and I will start over. I wanted to make a poll on it anyway.
                    They live for this

Comment

• Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
                      They live for this
                      Yeah. Stuff like this always make our lol-PowerPoint slideshows on the annual moderator-summit in the Bahamas.

Comment

Working...
                      X