No announcement yet.

Amir Khan the Bare Knuckle Boxer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amir Khan the Bare Knuckle Boxer

how would our good friend Amir do in bare knuckle box?

He has a better offense than Paulie

Very good actually. Amirs very fast and packs a hard punch.

Comment

Originally posted by The Problem View Post
      Very good actually. Amirs very fast and packs a hard punch.
      how do you see his chin holding up against gloveless punches. Better?

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
        nope. if he gets hit he goes down. But i dont think theres anyone in BKB thats as fast as amir atm.

Comment

Khan v Lobov would be interesting at this point.

Comment

Khans fast flurries would tear faces apart in Bkb but then Khan can go to sleep at anytime.

Comment

Fast feet, fast hands, good enough defense.

Quite a long reach also, he would beat Lobov.

I could see his fights ending real quick in bare knuckle.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                I think the myth that bareknuckle punches are harder than a gloved punch needs to be addressed. If you get a soccer ball and kick it barefoot then kick it with a boot guess what, the kick with a boot is harder. Your mind knows your foot or hand is protected so you strike harder. If any of you box then just compare the force you get in bagwork with a glove on then throw barefist. Guaranteed you will generate more force with the glove. Forget about the asthetic damage on the face from bare fist.. That is just skin damage. A glove is also a larger surface area which equals more force.

Comment

Originally posted by Bcell77 View Post
                  I think the myth that bareknuckle punches are harder than a gloved punch needs to be addressed. If you get a soccer ball and kick it barefoot then kick it with a boot guess what, the kick with a boot is harder. Your mind knows your foot or hand is protected so you strike harder. If any of you box then just compare the force you get in bagwork with a glove on then throw barefist. Guaranteed you will generate more force with the glove. Forget about the asthetic damage on the face from bare fist.. That is just skin damage. A glove is also a larger surface area which equals more force.
                  Yes I hear that but also smaller surface area making it a more piercing blow potentially

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSuperLeeds View Post
                    Yes I hear that but also smaller surface area making it a more piercing blow potentially
                    Certainly more damage to the surface of the face, but knockout power no way. I remember the first time I sparred many moons ago now lol but I thought it would be ok after many street fights. It was just a completely different level of force. In fact I have never been put down in any street fights but have been put down in bouts and sparring.

Comment

Working...
                    X