Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

7 million Americans are 3 months behind on car payments - dumbest people in the world

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
    Dummy.

How much you got in it?
    Enough to buy your whole farm.

Comment

Thats just cum laude, right?
      Yes........

Comment

Originally posted by i_am_a_champ View Post
        Who ever has monthly payments for a car is dumb as phuck

Just buy a damn car. It doesnt have to be a ballin car.

I have money but my car is shyt

Im not going to waste £30-50k on a car only to have it worth half that in 18 months. Worst investment ever.

Secondly there is no way im going to pay monthly premiums for a car. Wtf are u stupid.

I knew a dude who would pay £600 a month for his car lease. Just so he could drive a benz.

Wtf.

£600 per month gets him a nice peice of real estate. He could own a property and move tenants in on a buy to let mortgage and have the rent paid while at the same time own the property

But 7 milllion Americans behind on car payments??

Shheeeeeiiit MTV has rocked the nation

You dumb yanks
        Why people say “it’s a bad investment” when it is not an investment in the first place. Investment is putting money where it can possibly return. Buying a car is like buying an appliance or goods.
        You don’t buy a television or refrigerator hoping it’d make you money, you buy it for its uses and convenience, others for fun and entertainment.

I bought a mazda 3 — not that expensive as others — last year, and it only add value and sense of fulfilment to my life. I get to drive my mom, my grandma and it’s just amazing to see how happy they are and proud of me. I get to be more productive, and finally felt like all my hard work paid off.
        Buying a car at some point in your life, is a milestone as long as you understand the financial responsibilities for it.
        People only focus on the negative side always like “oh deppreciation” oh bad investment they’ll never be blessed.

Instead I focused on being thankful that I’ve been put in position to afford one. I think that’s the mindset of getting a car. Invest in memories you make with it with ur love ones.
        Don’t consider it an investment because it ain’t one.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
          Enough to buy your whole farm.
          You wish. i would never sell my farm to a fool. That would just mean less food for the world.

Comment

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
            Why people say “it’s a bad investment” when it is not an investment in the first place. Investment is putting money where it can possibly return. Buying a car is like buying an appliance or goods.
            You don’t buy a television or refrigerator hoping it’d make you money, you buy it for its uses and convenience, others for fun and entertainment.

I bought a mazda 3 — not that expensive as others — last year, and it only add value and sense of fulfilment to my life. I get to drive my mom, my grandma and it’s just amazing to see how happy they are and proud of me. I get to be more productive, and finally felt like all my hard work paid off.
            Buying a car at some point in your life, is a milestone as long as you understand the financial responsibilities for it.
            People only focus on the negative side always like “oh deppreciation” oh bad investment they’ll never be blessed.

Instead I focused on being thankful that I’ve been put in position to afford one. I think that’s the mindset of getting a car. Invest in memories you make with it with ur love ones.
            Yeah buying a car is a big deal in the Philippines?

Comment

Yeah buying a car is a big deal in the Philippines?
              Yes.... most people just own scooters/moped

Comment

Originally posted by flipbjefrox View Post
                Yes.... most people just own scooters/moped
                it's a big deal in Jamaica too.

Comment

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post

Sensible post. I chuckle whenever I hear that ‘ car is bad investment’ line by broke people because like no sht it’s not an investment but it doesnt have to be. As you mentioned, it’s no different than an appliance and it’s simply a necessity.

Some vehicles do go up in value though so it can be smart investment. I bought a Acura NSX in the late 90s and sold it in 2004 for almost triple the price so no harm there. I have an Audi R8 manual right now and I know this car is a collectible too that will hold its value. Not a bad investment.

I have a Honda Accord as a daily driver to work and it’s obviously not an investment. It’s like a leg or a shoes that takes me from point A to B. I dont ever plan on selling my Accord due to its sentimental value. I made big money in this car so technically, yes this Honda was great investment as well, possibly the best investment I have ever made.

Comment

Buying a car outright is a kind of stupid. It’s a depreciating assist and the minute you buy it you have already lost 5-6k (depending on car.) I own mine, bought it out right. Next time I won’t be doing that

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                      That's funny because I have a co-worker who pays $600/month for his Jeep, that's not including car insurance. He is only 23 though, so he has a lot to learn. Although at 23 I don't think i'd be paying that much for a car even with our job.

I pay my car insurance 6 months ahead so I don't have to deal with that monthly.
                      Yeah, here in the uk you can do it 12 months ahead and get a good discount. That way if i'm not working my only expenses are rent,bills and food which i have a years worth of savings to cover. Yeah i've had friends who were doing the same and were border line suicidal when they were unemployed at some point in time. Payments like that don't allow you to take risks in your career as well i.e move to that startup that pays sht but will benefit you in the long run.

Comment

Working...
                      X