The Movie of the year is coming next month--little known, remarkable story

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Movie of the year is coming next month--little known, remarkable story

The Professor and the Madman

This is the true story of a medical doctor and Civil War surgeon who went insane, went to London, killed a man [out of paranoid delusion] on the streets there. He was judged to be insane and committed to a "lunatic asylum"

Around that time, the scholar James Murray undertakes the ambitious project of the first ed. of the Oxford English Dictionary. It will be huge and the public can mail in proper entries. Murray gets 10,000 entries from an address and travels to meet and thank the man.

It turns out to be the insane asylum and Dr. Minor had sent them all in. Minor ends up doing something...well let's say only an insane man would do such a thing...

Has Sean Penn as Dr. Minor and Mel Gibson as James Murray. I read the excellent book 20 years ago, so I know if made well this will be a great movie. So you have my prediction in the thread title.

The movie has been delayed due to legal matters.

Enjoy.

Originally posted by johnbook View Post
    [I]The Professor and the Madman.

Has Sean Penn as Dr. Minor and Mel Gibson as James Murray. I read the excellent book 20 years ago, so I know if made well this will be a great movie. So you have my prediction in the thread title.

The movie has been delayed due to legal matters.

Enjoy.
    Do these legal matters revolve around the copyrighting of the word "freal" in the dictionary?

Comment

Originally posted by Rockybigblower View Post
      Do these legal matters revolve around the copyrighting of the word "freal" in the dictionary?
      Revolves around the word dic.

Comment

LOL Hollywood! I'd rather fly to Israel and get shot in the head by the IDF

Comment

Trailer's out

Comment

Originally posted by Outworn View Post
            Trailer's out
            Thanks.
            Saw that 2 weeks ago.

it's troubling that I can't find any reviews of the movie even though the release date was March 7. It was put back for a year repeatedly for legal and other reasons. So I wonder if it's really been released.

If you have any links to the movie, please post or PM me. thank you.

Comment

Thanks.
              Saw that 2 weeks ago.

it's troubling that I can't find any reviews of the movie even though the release date was March 7. It was put back for a year repeatedly for legal and other reasons. So I wonder if it's really been released.

If you have any links to the movie, please post or PM me. thank you.
              It's coming to theaters in the US soon but no actual date set.

Comment

Originally posted by Outworn View Post
                It's coming to theaters in the US soon but no actual date set.
                Thanks.
                Maybe they still have legal problems.

For those of you who read books, that book was excellent.

Comment

Thanks.
                  Maybe they still have legal problems.

For those of you who read books, that book was excellent.
                  ... Mel Gibson faces "legal problems" since long ago in the U.S.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                    ... Mel Gibson faces "legal problems" since long ago in the U.S.
                    Well I meant regarding this film in particular.

Comment

Working...
                    X