Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Home Defense - A Gun, Guard Dog or Security Alarm?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] Home Defense - A Gun, Guard Dog or Security Alarm?

I just brought my first house. I wanted to ask all the home owners here what security do you have at your house ?

I got a quote for a security system which my wife wants me to buy. I have dead bolts on all my doors entering my house besides the basement which is connected to the garage.

I own two guns, loaded with hollow tips. Will be getting a shotgun very soon.

I want a dog, I plan on getting a dog. However the alarm company stays the dog has to be 80lb max to not set off the motion sensor.

What do you guy do to protect your home?

in order --

1. gun
    2. security cameras
    3. dog

Comment

All three if security is a real concern.

Comment

Originally posted by .WesternChamp. View Post
        in order --

1. gun
        2. security cameras
        3. dog
        This, I would put the dog at number two. We have a lab, you should hear him when someone comes to the door.

BTW those motion sensors suck! We had a small dog that would set it off all the time. I paid a few fines from the cops before I got rid of the system.

Comment

all 3 and no one is greater than the other imo.

they are all fail safe for each other.

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post
            This, I would put the dog at number two. We have a lab, you should hear him when someone comes to the door.

BTW those motion sensors suck! We had a small dog that would set it off all the time. I paid a few fines from the cops before I got rid of the system.
            if i dont have a gun then yes! but since i have a gun already the dog is pretty much useless and is just there to alarm me of any problems. the security cameras is more useful imo since it'll be able to capture any crime going on if im home or not 24/7.

Comment

If u live in a democrat state

1. Dildo
              2. Lube
              3. Wipes

Comment

I have guns and an alarm system.

Fyi, the motion sensors can be set higher so pets dont set them off. We have cats, and they never have set ours off.

We have cameras, motion sensors, glass break sensors, and every door and window has a sensor on it as well.

Comment

Most people looking to break in won't break into a house with a big dog in it, unless your a drug dealer.

Most people don't know that dogs don't actually do **** anyway, they bark for a minute than stop.

Everyone thinks these big mean looking guard dogs will attack, they don't do ****.

Unless you bring those kinds of people around you the chances of a random person breaking into your house is damn near non existent

Comment

All three but on the dog subject there is no real benefit to getting a large and possibly dangerous dog as the only real benefit to a canine is as an alarm and *NOT* a protector.

- Big or not, a dog can get taken out with baseball bat, machete, etc. Not to mention a firearm. Sometimes they can even be befriended by an intruder with doggie snacks.

For that matter a yapping little Poodle will do just as good a job of alerting you of intruders.

Comment

Working...
                    X