Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your thoughts on Conor Mcgregor?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are your thoughts on Conor Mcgregor?

What are your thoughts on Conor Mcgregor?

Mamamamamama… Tappy tap.

Good stand up fighter, great trash talker but runs his mouth too much, average or sub par in other aspects.

Comment

Great marketer. Strong standup game. Exciting to watch fighter. Mental warfare master. Businessman. Not good on the ground. Will quit early when he's in a bad situation. Sh^tty gas tank.

Comment

Conor's drawing power might have taken a hit, but he's still the UFC's biggest star.

He'll always be a huge draw since he's exciting inside the cage and outside of it, but he won't be overhyped anymore.

Comment

The UFC had previous luck with Irish gimmicks and decided to invest in McGregor. He was competent enough for them to make him a star, albeit with careful matchmaking and avoidance of fighters like Frankie Edgar, Khabib (guys who could grapple). They slipped up when Nate Diaz finished him and many who doubted McGregor felt he was exposes when a late notice fighter was able to beat him like that.
          Further exposed was his "world class" striking when a retired and slow looking Mayweather had an easy time of him.

He wasn't a complete trashcan, but he was seriously hyped and the fact that the UFC got half the world to believe that this was one of the greatest fighters on earth is a testament to the power of marketing.

Comment

I think that there is a lot if truth to that..as a fellow Irishman I supported him..especially in his early days..but lately he became annoying..also he was humiliated by Khabib..who would have most likely crushed his larynx if it had been a proper choke hold.

Comment

Originally posted by HenryJoy View Post
              I think that there is a lot if truth to that..as a fellow Irishman I supported him..especially in his early days..but lately he became annoying..also he was humiliated by Khabib..who would have most likely crushed his larynx if it had been a proper choke hold.
              $$$$$$ and fame changes people.

Comment

Elite at FW, but only good at LW
                A great fighter in certain context, like against fighters with no ground game, or who can be discouraged like Eddie or triggered like Aldo
                Better suited for 3 round fights
                Kovalev of UFC
                You have to take him to deep waters to get a win, if you can't then you lose
                Still a great elite fighter though, not afraid of taking challenges
                Just not the level of Ferguson who's a freak of nature or Khabib who was trained to kill since 2 years old
                Last edited by g27region; 11-03-2018, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by g27region View Post
                  Kovalev of UFC
                  LOLOLOLOL

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                    $$$$$$ and fame changes people.
                    The love of money is the root of all evil... my buddy Greg a Stanford guy who worked on the google project admitted... when people get money..... the falsely atribut it to their “brilliance”. When the lose money... they blame everyone else...

I don’t understand so many things.... I try to keep it real... if I’m full of it tell me.... don’t let this old man embarrass himself...

Best Regards... shalom

One more thing.... I’ve seen money change a lot of my friends... it’s sad how a little chump change makes people think their dooodooo doenstic stink..

Comment

Working...
                    X