Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daniel Jacobs: We Absolutely Want Canelo Unification!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
    wishful thinking on your part. And do you know what one dimensional means? Because either you don't, or don't know boxing.
    Boxing is a subjective sport. We may not see eye to eye, buts it definitely not wishful thinking. Also the whole “don’t know boxing” is one of the most overused phrases to downplay and strip someone credibility. So, no it’s not wishful thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
      You exposed yourself right there. Jacobs is definitely not one dimensional. He can fight on the inside and outside, he moves well, he's a big puncher with fast hands and he's got pretty good defense. I don't know what you're watching.
      Exposed? Far from it. i also don’t agree with what you claim about Jacobs, but at the same time, I’m not going to debate. Boxing is a subjective sport. To each his own.

Comment

Originally posted by Insanityisbliss View Post
        Boxing is a subjective sport. We may not see eye to eye, buts it definitely not wishful thinking. Also the whole “don’t know boxing” is one of the most overused phrases to downplay and strip someone credibility. So, no it’s not wishful thinking.
        I say you likely don't know boxing because you referred to a fighter who can fight effectively on the inside and outside, a boxer with good speed and power, and one with solid defense as 1 dimensional. And speaking as if Canelo is some Uber talent that is levels beyond jacobs or any of the other top 3 or 4 middleweights is wishful thinking. Canelo hasn't beaten any elite fighter convincingly that anyone should perceive him to have an easy nights work with someone like jacobs.

Comment

I say you likely don't know boxing because you referred to a fighter who can fight effectively on the inside and outside, a boxer with good speed and power, and one with solid defense as 1 dimensional. And speaking as if Canelo is some Uber talent that is levels beyond jacobs or any of the other top 3 or 4 middleweights is wishful thinking. Canelo hasn't beaten any elite fighter convincingly that anyone should perceive him to have an easy nights work with someone like jacobs.
          I’d really appreciate it if you didn’t twist my words to fit your narrative just to justify your agenda. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Manic Shot View Post
            It's Canelo Alvarez vs James Kirkland 2.0
            The same results.
            No way. Kirkland was in prison and out of the ring for around 2 years and had no defense. Jacobs is a active and skilled fighter which is clenelos Achilles heel.🥊

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
              Canelo hasn't ducked many fighters in his career and if the fans demand it, then I am pretty sure that Canelo would be more than happy to deliver it. If not on Cinco De Mayo of 2019 then at least on Mexican Independence Day of 2019.
              You can book this fight for 2019 makes too much sense. If not May definitely Sept.

Comment

Jacobs is a one dimensional fighter with lots of flaws. I noticed that he throws wild punches with his chin up in the air. He tries to use his size to bully. If he can’t, then he’ll try to clinch. He does unnecessary excessive movement. The list goes on. What he did to Sergiy wouldn’t work on Canelo. Canelo would counter the hell out of him and slow him down with brutal body shots. His defense is also great so he’d slip and block most of what Jacobs throws. I can see Canelo winning convincingly.
                If fights were won on paper then most fights would not even be made.

Fortunately that is not how it works.

Did you predict who would win the fight between Brant v Murata?!?!

For the record i am a fan of both Canelo and Jacobs.
                it will be a good good fight until the very end.

Comment

I’d really appreciate it if you didn’t twist my words to fit your narrative just to justify your agenda. Thanks
                  what words did I twist? The following are your exact comments. "Jacobs is a one dimensional fighter" "Canelo would counter the hell out of him and slow him down with brutal body shots." His defense is also great so he’d slip and block most of what Jacobs throws. I can see Canelo winning convincingly". Your comments have been countered with an effective argument yet you have said nothing to back up your claims that jacobs is 1 dimensional and what has Canelo done in any big fight to make anyone thing that Canelo can convincingly win when he doesn't beat any top fighter convincingly.

Comment

what words did I twist? The following are your exact comments. "Jacobs is a one dimensional fighter" "Canelo would counter the hell out of him and slow him down with brutal body shots." His defense is also great so he’d slip and block most of what Jacobs throws. I can see Canelo winning convincingly". Your comments have been countered with an effective argument yet you have said nothing to back up your claims that jacobs is 1 dimensional and what has Canelo done in any big fight to make anyone thing that Canelo can convincingly win when he doesn't beat any top fighter convincingly.
                    I’m in a position where I don’t have to be lured into a debate to satisfy your ego. Boxing is just a subjective sport to me. Business for them. It’s just that simple.

Comment

Would love to see Jacobs against either Canelo or Charlo. If his chin holds up, he gives anyone in the top 10 a tough night.

Comment

Working...
                      X