Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mickey Bey Erupts Over Parting of Ways With Floyd Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
      Even if I disagreed with you you have at least tried to justify your sentiments.
      cheers bro. Most of the roster wants to leave or has left. What does that tell you about the promotional company?

Comment

Another kid that’s wasting away In Mayweather Promotions is Neno Rodriguez. The kid was being brought up right by Robert Garcia and Top Rank. Unfortunately, Mayweather threw some money his way and has stalled his career immensely

Comment

Originally posted by markther View Post
          Those are facts Joe, it’s out there for the public to see. His suspension,reported by a credible boxing journalist Dan Rafeal, his history of injuries; getting the title shot and the losing it in his 2nd defense, mickey deciding to take time off himself. Those are all facts. And stuff Bey himself has said on social media. I’m not a fan of Mayweather but I’m not going to bury him when there are facts out there already. Bey messed himself up.
          I know I was joking. I think Bey just needed some attention.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
            One of the few things I remember about Bey was after he won his title from Vazquez, he thought he was a million dollar fighter. He actually turned down fights because of money and then turned around and complained he wasn't getting paid enough.

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...shafikov-fight

I honestly think Floyd hasn't done too bad to his fighters. Theophane, Davis, Bey, Jack, Love, and Smith all had title shot(s) and Tabiti is on his way there as well. Everyone's acting like an entitled prima donna in my view.
            its because the guys aren’t getting their contracted minimum fights. That’s the reason most of the young fighters are upset and they fight like the matchmaking. Those are the reasons Saul Todriguez and Theophane and Lionel Thompson left for. Bey was out in the shelf too. Tanks issues are that Floyd is trying to control everything. Guys like rolando Romero and Josue Vargas are begging to leave because they aren’t getting their contracted amount of fights guaranteed to them.

I met one of the fighters at the Santa Cruz Mares rematch. He said MP are a bunch of amateurs. They don’t get opponents until fight week then they fail their Medicaid or aren’t approved by the commission. He said they basically don’t know what they are doing

Comment

Originally posted by Eastlos View Post
              Another kid that’s wasting away In Mayweather Promotions is Neno Rodriguez. The kid was being brought up right by Robert Garcia and Top Rank. Unfortunately, Mayweather threw some money his way and has stalled his career immensely
              neno just left bro.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
                Any fighter who signs with a promoter should not have a Manager who is friends or related to that promoter. A manager is supposed to work for the best interest of the fighter they represent. How can that happen when the Manager and Promoter are related? Bey's issue was money at first. He was offered 5 figures for a fight. Bey felt he was underpaid and told his Manager (Floyd's Cousin). Instead of working for Bey, the Manager basically cut him off and poisoned Floyd against him.

Here is my question. Why do most of Floyd's fighters not have Haymon as a manager? Floyd gets them to use his cousin instead. That is kinda strange because we know Haymon would look after them.
                Lots of young black fighters grew up idolizing Mayweather. Floyd uses that to his advantage because he knows young adults who don’t know any better and don’t realize FLoyd is taking advantage and pocketing more than a good promoter would,. Then they get older and realize Floyd only cares about Floyd. To answer your question the reason they are signed to Floyd’s cousin is because they didn’t know any better and Floyd took advantage of that. I’m glad Shakur Stevenson didn’t fall for Floyd’s bs. Remember when Floyd tried to recruit STevenson out of the Olympics? He’s an embarrassment to the sport. A bootleg version of Don King

Comment

Hearn needs to send him a contract ASAP!

I always wonder what happened to this guy. Was he the one that got suspended for a banned substance?
                  It's one thing if your promoter isn't doing his job, but if he got suspended how long was it for?
                  I may be wrong., let me know if I am.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
                    its because the guys aren’t getting their contracted minimum fights. That’s the reason most of the young fighters are upset and they fight like the matchmaking. Those are the reasons Saul Todriguez and Theophane and Lionel Thompson left for. Bey was out in the shelf too. Tanks issues are that Floyd is trying to control everything. Guys like rolando Romero and Josue Vargas are begging to leave because they aren’t getting their contracted amount of fights guaranteed to them.

I met one of the fighters at the Santa Cruz Mares rematch. He said MP are a bunch of amateurs. They don’t get opponents until fight week then they fail their Medicaid or aren’t approved by the commission. He said they basically don’t know what they are doing
                    Lionel Thompson has left too? I like him he is a funny dude . I just watched him get KTFO by Kovalev.
                    In any case it’s never a good look seeing a mass exodus of your fighters seeking refuge elsewhere

Comment

Savannah Marshall has also parted ways with Mayweather Promotions.

Comment

Working...
                      X