Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exactly what is GGG gonna do differently to win??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kingstip9 View Post
    Yes you are right in that the counters made him cautious, I also feel in the first 3-4 rounds he was over cautious and gave Canelo way to much respect which made the fight closer than it needed to be

He basically needs to replicate his successes in the first fight a lot sooner to not allow Canelo to build an early lead

I think Canelo will really struggle to keep Golovkin off of him this time around
    Agree. Golovkin gave Canelo way to much respect early on. I think he’ll be all in right from the opening bell. A clean Canelo will be broken and out of gas a lot sooner. He will not stand there and trade with Golovkin. We’ll all see how Canelo can hold up without “beef” in his system.

Comment

Originally posted by Graz View Post
      Agree. Golovkin gave Canelo way to much respect early on. I think he’ll be all in right from the opening bell. A clean Canelo will be broken and out of gas a lot sooner. He will not stand there and trade with Golovkin. We’ll all see how Canelo can hold up without “beef” in his system.
      ... no shit!... GGG wasn't showing him any "respect": he was only over cautious in order to get a huge money rematch...

Comment

Originally posted by Illmatic94 View Post
        "go to the body" sounds so simple. he didn't do it for a reason. Canelo is arguably the best counter and combination puncher in the game. Golovkin knew the risks of punching downstairs and never took it.

Golovkin should stick to what he did in the first fight except finish rounds stronger. Canelo seemed to always finish better as the round ended.

If lil g gets too wild trying to prove a point Canelo will lay his ass out. that's why he never got careless in the first fight. it was a chess match.

He also didn’t do it against Jacobs. You should never abandon body work.

I don’t see Canelo putting Golovkin on his butt. Maybe if he got caught off balance but there is nothing I saw in the first fight that makes me think he will.

Comment

its gonna be pretty similar to the first fight. i cant see ggg stopping him. but think he might be more aggressive when hes on the ropes this time, would like to see him mix it up to body a bit more too like he used to. appreciate thats harder though against better competition.

Comment

Originally posted by KingHippo View Post
            Landing the jab but missing nearly 70% of power shots is boxing now? lol

Golovkin looked like absolute crap out there. I'm not going to waste my time explaining all the beautiful things Canelo did, I'd rather use my superior boxing IQ to better use.
            If you think Golovkin looked unimpressive I respect that. When you turn around and nuthug on Canelo and then talk about your “superior boxing IQ” you sound like a clown.

Comment

Originally posted by Diego Rodriguez View Post
              If you think Golovkin looked unimpressive I respect that. When you turn around and nuthug on Canelo and then talk about your “superior boxing IQ” you sound like a clown.
              hes the same idiot whos just been in the other thread saying charlo brutalises ggg cause he throws a good uppercut. golovkin could knock canelo out in the 1st round and he'd say he looked unimpressive, hes been spewing nonsense on here for a while now.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Beamish View Post
                Some of you think Golovkin is going to beat Canelo decisively this time. How?

Be specific. Talk about strategy and skills. And don't just say he's more determined. (He's also like, more older.)

What can Golovkin do to Canelo this September that he didn't do before? And why?
                Go to the body!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                  ... yes... stay behind the jab ad repeat the "ballet" from the first fight, right?...

... and that "whatever reason" was to get this huge money rematch...
                  i know what you mean, but he was just as hesitant when he fought jacobs and lemieux... he still droped jacobs and hurted lemieux badly, he also landed a couple of monster punches on canelo but couldnt hurt him...

Comment

GGG is going to be pressuring Clenela from the opening bell this time. No respect and no mercy, no need to carry the diva anymore. GGG by KO/TKO RDS 6-10.

Comment

Originally posted by Diego Rodriguez View Post
                      I'm not wasting time with people who think all Canelo did was running. Anybody with a smidgen of boxing knowledge know he was doing more than that. By calling what he was doing running, you're already disqualified as someone who's opinion I should respect.

I can you drop the focking 3rd grade language? Acknowledging a boxers strenghts and attributes have absolutely nothing to do with "nut hugging". In your little fanboy world, it's all about "nut hugging" and "d1ck riding", all I care about is cold analysis.

Comment

Working...
                      X