No announcement yet.

Greatest MC of all time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
    but to answer the question, it's Nas. No doubt it's Nas.

Illmatic was the greatest rap album ever made. Illmatic was SO GOOD that he dropped It Was Written (also a classic) and people didnt like it just because it wasn't AS GOOD as Illmatic.

Then consider the fact that the original I Am... album was supposed to be a double album, and it was a highly touted classic (The Source got their hands on the original copy and gave it a 4.5 mic rating) but it got bootlegged so much that Nas removed 2/3 of the tracks and then rerecorded a bunch of filler tracks.

So with that in mind, if his catalogue was Illmatic, It Was Written, I Am... and Stillmatic, like damn. That doesn't even account for Hip Hop is Dead and Life is Good.

When Nas wants to flex on someone, there isn't a human in the world that could eat him. Proof of that is Jay-Z crying live on Hot 107 the day Ether dropped and he heard it the first time.
    nas is goat for me too.

my personal fav that first ever got me into hip hop was biggie, im relistening to him again after almost 10 years. 'everyday struggle' such a great song.

Comment

Originally posted by augustboy View Post
      nas is goat for me too.

my personal fav that first ever got me into hip hop was biggie, im relistening to him again after almost 10 years. 'everyday struggle' such a great song.
      The hook to that is my depression jam. You'd think it would be "Suicidal Thoughts" but nah.

Might just be from taking too many punches to the head, but I could swear i remember hearing an "everyday struggle" remix back in the late 90's with Nas. Don't know if it's for real though lol

Comment

The hook to that is my depression jam. You'd think it would be "Suicidal Thoughts" but nah.

Might just be from taking too many punches to the head, but I could swear i remember hearing an "everyday struggle" remix back in the late 90's with Nas. Don't know if it's for real though lol
        lol i just found out recently that it was biggie's personal fav song from his debut album, it made me really appreciate this track even more

Comment

Originally posted by augustboy View Post
          lol i just found out recently that it was biggie's personal fav song from his debut album, it made me really appreciate this track even more
          yeah, I can't hate on that. Come to think of it, it's probably my fave off Ready to Die also along with Unbelievable

I also prefer the album version of "one more chance" over the single.

Comment

Lil' Whyte is the current greatest.

Comment

Originally posted by Canelo Phresh View Post
              Lil' Whyte is the current greatest.
              Im happy to say i have no idea who that is.

Rexy u re-listened to OB4CL yet? are u ready to admit its better than illamatic?

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
                Im happy to say i have no idea who that is.

Rexy u re-listened to OB4CL yet? are u ready to admit its better than illamatic?
                I'll never admit that! Best verse on OB4CL was from Nas! Illmatic destroys OB4CL

Comment

Wiley destroys that whole list

Comment

Don't forget MC Eight for the West Coast heads

Comment

I'll never admit that! Best verse on OB4CL was from Nas! Illmatic destroys OB4CL
                      That was Nas' best verse, even though it's recycled. Foh with destroys OB4CL though.

Comment

Working...
                      X