This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
    The Prem is viewed as more competitive because the bottom half teams are better than the other leagues. The other leagues have teams that would struggle in league 1.
    City literally own Girona in Spain for an example.

But yeah City are making every look bad this year. Chelsea and United were powderpuff against them. Guardiola has done his thing now they had weaknesses last year and weren't as good as Chelsea no matter what El Fenomeno said but now they look two levels above us.

That said the league is still strong. Would anyone be that shocked if Chelsea knocked Barcelona out of the CL?

Hope the wheels fall off for City to be honest. It's not a good look for everyone else.
    Last edited by Sparked_26; 12-11-2017, 07:48 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
      City literally own Girona in Spain for an example.

But yeah City are making every look bad this year. Chelsea and United were powderpuff against them. Guardiola has done his thing now they had weaknesses last year and weren't as good as Chelsea no matter what El Fenomeno said but now they look two levels above us.

That said the league is still strong. Would anyone be that shocked if Chelsea knocked Barcelona out of the CL?

Hope the wheels fall off for City to be honest. It's not a good look for everyone else.
      I give Chelsea a good chance in that one. It wouldn't surprise me to see them progress.

Comment

• Barcelona are a corpse. I wouldn't be shocked if Basel knocked them out.

Madrid too. I'm under no illusion, the fact we d1cked them 3-1 is telling.

Having said that, PSG and Spurs are the two sides to beat this year.

Comment

• How the **** did City get that easy draw.. good Lord they are playing well but the FA and now Uefa hand them everything on a platter..

Why do Barcelona always play Chelsea or Arsenal ever year it feels like one of them.

PSG is the team to beat this year.. I don't rate Spurs chances at all.. Chelsea.. United and City would beat them + quite a few foreign sides

Comment

• League 2 is more competitive than the Prem.

Chelsea must be favourites against Barca right now.

PSG Madrid will be interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
              The Prem is viewed as more competitive because the bottom half teams are better than the other leagues. The other leagues have teams that would struggle in league 1.
              There's no basis or proof for that whatsoever.

There's more evidence of every English side outside the top 6 being ****e actually. See Everton's Europa League campaign for an example of this, or West Ham's or Southampton's before that.

As said earlier, it's 'more competitive' because the top sides aren't/weren't as good as the top sides in Germany/Spain/Italy.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                That's the funny thing with Man City. You have legit lower sides, like a 10-man Huddersfield, remain open and attack the whole time.

It hands City the win but perception of Man City must be low, even to the fodder.
                Is this a joke? I don't get it

If serious, possibly the most inaccurate assessment of tactics you've ever made? If there's a single team we've played in the league in the last 3 months who have played anything resembling an open, attack-minded game then I think I'd rather give up football than see what you'd deem a defensive approach. What the ****

Comment

• Just hand us the trophy now ffs

Comment

• Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
                    Is this a joke? I don't get it

If serious, possibly the most inaccurate assessment of tactics you've ever made? If there's a single team we've played in the league in the last 3 months who have played anything resembling an open, attack-minded game then I think I'd rather give up football than see what you'd deem a defensive approach. What the ****
                    Huddersfield still attempted to attack with 10 men and Mooy almost equalised at the last moments from a free kick. How do you score first and almost equalize late, if you parked the bus the entire game?

If you think that because City are that much better at controlling the game than everyone else, that no team is actually playing or attempting to play football against them, then you certainly have a blind approach to watching games.

Or if you think the only way to attack is by playing like City under Pep Guardiola. Then that is again... a pretty blind approach to watching games.

If that is the case.

Comment

• Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
                      Barcelona are a corpse. I wouldn't be shocked if Basel knocked them out.

Madrid too. I'm under no illusion, the fact we d1cked them 3-1 is telling.

Having said that, PSG and Spurs are the two sides to beat this year.

Comment

Working...
                      X