Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Yarde Hungry To Exceed Veterans - Blast Out Sjekloca

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Anthony Yarde Hungry To Exceed Veterans - Blast Out Sjekloca

This Saturday rising star Anthony Yarde looks to continue his rise up the world rankings when he takes on Nikola Sjekloca at the Copper Box. Speaking to The Independent, the 26-year-old is aware there are critics of his opposition but says he's taking no notice, instead focusing on doing his job and entertaining the fans.
    [Click Here To Read More]

My take on this guy is he's a weight lifting bum who'll get knocked at world level. His **** are bigger than most girls lol.

Comment

Originally posted by apollocreed View Post
      My take on this guy is he's a weight lifting bum who'll get knocked at world level. His **** are bigger than most girls lol.
      Feel the same to be honest. Think there's definitely something suspect about the guy that will be found out once he moves up competition... though Sjekloca isn't competition, no matter how much Yarde's trainer wants to talk him up and talk about his previous competition considering he's coincidentally ignoring the fact that all of his previous competition has been at a lower weight class.

Comment

He may well be good but his next opponent and his last opponent were both Super middle weights, and not massive ones at the weight either.

He needs to be in fights where he gets rounds rather than calling frank buglioni out all the time

Comment

yeah I don't get this guys career so far either. Yeah he doesn't have an amateur background but what exactly has he learned from any of his fights recently? Apart from that he can chin people.

Looks the part but his calling out of Buglioni but subsequent avoidance of Hosea Burton is an odd one as he will fight him and has been available. He says Burton doesn't elevate him anywhere and instead he fights smaller men for ranking points. It doesn't mean he's a better fighter than Hosea Burton he'd have to show that.

For me it looks like his coach sees Buglioni as very beatable and Burton as one to avoid. It is a bad sign to be cherry-picking what 13 fights into his career. The nature of his wins mean that he is at British title level already so I don't see how he can tread water.

Comment

Originally posted by apollocreed View Post
            Wrong. He'll get knocked out at domestic level once Buatsi gets hold of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Didymus View Post
              Wrong. He'll get knocked out at domestic level once Buatsi gets hold of him.
              I've a feeling Hosea Burton will chin him.

They could just be being extremely cautious with Yarde and they are right about his experience. But from the interviews from him and his trainer I always get the sense that there is a lot of doubt there.

I realise Josh Kelly was is a good amateur but looking at where he is at in a couple of fights is sort of where boxing fans expect you to be nowadays if you're good. This step up for Yarde somehow already feels way overdue. I do hope he proves us wrong though because it's always good to have a puncher knocking guys out.

Comment

Heard he was a Heavyweight that trimmed down to his current weight class, he is a typical Frank Warren boxer, bum after bum (From lower weight class) who had to jump up and fight him. Then when he is 35-0 he would be sold as a West Ham fan who use to travel from Hackney to East Ham for West Ham games etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                  I've a feeling Hosea Burton will chin him.

They could just be being extremely cautious with Yarde and they are right about his experience. But from the interviews from him and his trainer I always get the sense that there is a lot of doubt there.

I realise Josh Kelly was is a good amateur but looking at where he is at in a couple of fights is sort of where boxing fans expect you to be nowadays if you're good. This step up for Yarde somehow already feels way overdue. I do hope he proves us wrong though because it's always good to have a puncher knocking guys out.
                  I wouldn't bet against it. Buatsi has amateur experience and Olympic experience. Burton is a gypsy. Need I say more? They grow up fighting. Yarde is just someone who let the bodybuilding get to his head like a roided out bouncer from Newcastle letting his hands go knocking out bums whilst trying to make it look like he's one of them cheesy Yanks shouting out shìt like "Lions only" and all that bollocks.

Yarde will do really well until he comes across someone who can actually box and has heart. Surprised nobody has jumped on the Buatsi bandwagon just because the kid is quiet. I mean the kid was rated highly by Mayweather at the Olympics. He's got that lean mean physique that looks similar to Errol Spence and he kills the body too in similar fashion.

I think Buglioni will get flattened by Yarde though. He only like had half a decent performance and that was against Burton in the second half of the fight.

Buglioni and Burton need to fight again first. I really do not believe Buglioni is better than Burton. Burton, to me, looked classy for like 10 of the 12 rounds. I think Buglioni was offered Burton as a late call up recently and turned it down? Why is he turning down a fight with Burton when he's had a long training camp and Burton has only a few days notice? Silly.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Didymus View Post
                    I wouldn't bet against it. Buatsi has amateur experience and Olympic experience. Burton is a gypsy. Need I say more? They grow up fighting. Yarde is just someone who let the bodybuilding get to his head like a roided out bouncer from Newcastle letting his hands go knocking out bums whilst trying to make it look like he's one of them cheesy Yanks shouting out shìt like "Lions only" and all that bollocks.

Yarde will do really well until he comes across someone who can actually box and has heart. Surprised nobody has jumped on the Buatsi bandwagon just because the kid is quiet. I mean the kid was rated highly by Mayweather at the Olympics. He's got that lean mean physique that looks similar to Errol Spence and he kills the body too in similar fashion.

I think Buglioni will get flattened by Yarde though. He only like had half a decent performance and that was against Burton in the second half of the fight.

Buglioni and Burton need to fight again first. I really do not believe Buglioni is better than Burton. Burton, to me, looked classy for like 10 of the 12 rounds. I think Buglioni was offered Burton as a late call up recently and turned it down? Why is he turning down a fight with Burton when he's had a long training camp and Burton has only a few days notice? Silly.
                    Yeah I am looking forward to how Buatsi gets on and his fights so far have been good tests.

I think Burton stops Frank in the rematch.

I find it difficult to get on board with Yarde so far because his fights have been a bit bullyish. And the soundbites are always about 'timing is everything' whereas someone like Lawrence Okolie who seems like a good guy just says he wants to find out what level he is at. He wants Chamberlain and I think he understands it's not out of the question that he could get beat. But that's fine, he will have found his level.

With Yarde it seems like they know his level and the plan is to match with fighters below that level until an opportunity presents itself and improve in the gym . A bit like the classic noughties British fighters like James Hare, Michael Jennings, Steve Roberts, and all them who built up these big records without ever being more than domestic level. It doesn't sound like a recipe for success but you never know. I'm at the point now where I'll not watch him until he's fighting for a British title.

It is there prerogative to build him up slowly but I think most British boxing fans don't have that much interest in that sort of thing. Buatsi and Joe Cordina probably need to be a British title level by the end of the year themselves.
                    Last edited by Sparked_26; 12-07-2017, 08:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X