Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: J. Mayweather No Longer Convinced That Golovkin Beats Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: J. Mayweather No Longer Convinced That Golovkin Beats Canelo

Trainer Jeff Mayweather, the uncle of former five division world champion Floyd Mayweather Jr., was at one point convinced that Gennady Golovkin would easily defeated Saul "Canelo" Alvarez - but that is no longer the case. He now views the contest as a 50-50 proposition.
    [Click Here To Read More]

That's interesting. I'm really looking forward to this fight. And every fighter GGG fights says just how well rounded of a boxer he is. Retired boxers, Marquez, Chavez Sr, talk about how he cuts off the ring and how intelligent he is. The Mayweather camp always fascinates me. No matter who, they try to talk every undefeated, or close to undefeated fighter out of being great in the media. When Crawford and Spence get better, then they'll be overrated lol.

Comment

Neither am I. If Canelo blows out Chavez Jr. and Golovkin struggles with Jacobs then more people will pick him to beat GGG.

Comment

Mayweather have bias against GGG

They praise Spence, who isn't half the boxer Golovkin is yet. Mayweather like to talk about how easy ggg is to beat, but they certainly wouldn't take him on. Why not take on a legacy defining MW beast of you think he's all hype Andy straight up and down.

They claim money, but Floyd v golovkin would be huuuuuuuuuge.

Media would sell that fight like no other. Every boxing fan would want to see it. It's not always two major ppv stars that make Big events. Canelo headlined zero ppv when he first got Floyd. It was huge because the boxing public wanted to know if Mayweather could take him on.

They want none of Golovkin, I don't blame them. But it's stupid that they claim it's not worth it.

They also want to see GGG v Canelo pushed far back as possible. If ggg blows out a prime Canelo, Mayweather would feel like stealing the spot light back somehow.

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
        Neither am I. If Canelo blows out Chavez Jr. and Golovkin struggles with Jacobs then more people will pick him to beat GGG.
        Jacob said destroys Chevez at 164.5.

If GGG struggles with Jacobs it'd only mean that Jacobs is a lot better than people give him credit for. People tend to disregard anyone who has a loss, even though Jacobs only flashes of any kind of weakness were against an elite Pirog as a prospect, and former champion Mora. Not bad.

However, Canelo will be facing a guy who hasn't made under 168 in five years and looked drained at 168.

Dawson can down to full 168 and was a mess. Chevez is going to 164.5.

I do not want to imagine what Golivkin does to a weight drained Chevez.

Comment

They praise Spence, who isn't half the boxer Golovkin is yet. Mayweather like to talk about how easy ggg is to beat, but they certainly wouldn't take him on. Why not take on a legacy defining MW beast of you think he's all hype Andy straight up and down.
          You really want to see an undersized Mayweather fight a drained GGG at 154lbs? What would that prove for either of them?

Comment

I was never into a GGG-Floyd match at any weight. Still not. I would have gone for GGG-Canelo at 158 or so but it wasn't to be.

Just as Brook will struggle getting back down to 147 after going up to 160, Canelo will struggle with getting back down to 154 after going up to 164.5. In fact he will be a fully fledged MW from here on in.

But this Lemieux - Stevens fights was made to set up the September fight - Oscar would love an in house September promotion. GGG is out in the cold still. Unless Chavez wins. If Chavez wins - right there is GGG's September opponent.

Comment

I never was.

Comment

Originally posted by firstborn View Post
                You really want to see an undersized Mayweather fight a drained GGG at 154lbs? What would that prove for either of them?
                It would prove nothing and neither fighter would get credit no matter the outcome at this point in time. FACT. HISTORY HAS PROVEN.

Mayhaters ran out of "names" to throw out there to discredit Floyd's career. Besides, "Triple G" sounds more intimidating than "winky".

Comment

everybody has an opinion. the problem is getting alvared's chicken @ss in the ring. mark my word.if canela win in may he's fighting the winner between stevens and lemeaux in september.

Comment

Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post

They claim money, but Floyd v golovkin would be huuuuuuuuuge.

Media would sell that fight like no other. Every boxing fan would want to see it. It's not always two major ppv stars that make Big events. Canelo headlined zero ppv when he first got Floyd. It was huge because the boxing public wanted to know if Mayweather could take him on.

They want none of Golovkin, I don't blame them. But it's stupid that they claim it's not worth it.

They also want to see GGG v Canelo pushed far back as possible. If ggg blows out a prime Canelo, Mayweather would feel like stealing the spot light back somehow.

Jacob said destroys Chevez at 164.5.

If GGG struggles with Jacobs it'd only mean that Jacobs is a lot better than people give him credit for. People tend to disregard anyone who has a loss, even though Jacobs only flashes of any kind of weakness were against an elite Pirog as a prospect, and former champion Mora. Not bad.

However, Canelo will be facing a guy who hasn't made under 168 in five years and looked drained at 168.

Dawson can down to full 168 and was a mess. Chevez is going to 164.5.

I do not want to imagine what Golivkin does to a weight drained Chevez.
                    idiot Spence is a way better fighter than lil G. he's just smaller. its call skills. if they were the same size Spence would be the **** out of golovkin

Comment

Working...
                    X