No announcement yet.

The official lounge stock market & investment advice thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The official lounge stock market & investment advice thread

It's the official lounge stock market investment advice thread.

I have been interested in the markets and investments since I was a kid and have been an active investor since my teenage years.. I have a degree in business and a minor in finance and accounting.

I have a fairly good track record over 2 decades of investing..

If you have any questions about investing or how the stock market works, or bonds, etc. please feel free to post them. I will answer all questions..

I'm not expert, but no one really is.. The market has too many variables, but there is a way to pinpoint good value and make wise investments..

My strategy involves long term investments and not get rich quick type trading

So please, ask away and I shall answer

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
    It's the official lounge stock market investment advice thread.

I have been interested in the markets and investments since I was a kid and have been an active investor since my teenage years.. I have a degree in business and a minor in finance and accounting.

I have a fairly good track record over 2 decades of investing..

If you have any questions about investing or how the stock market works, or bonds, etc. please feel free to post them. I will answer all questions..

I'm not expert, but no one really is.. The market has too many variables, but there is a way to pinpoint good value and make wise investments..

My strategy involves long term investments and not get rich quick type trading

So please, ask away and I shall answer
    Don't take this the wrong way but.............that statement in bold makes you sound more fun and exciting than a weekend with Batman.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
      Don't take this the wrong way but.............that statement in bold makes you sound more fun and exciting than a weekend with Batman.
      It's all good man... I'm a huge nerd in somethings, especially when it comes to money.. It pays off to know these things.. No ****, no Jew

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
        It's all good man... I'm a huge nerd in somethings, especially when it comes to money.. It pays off to know these things.. No ****, no Jew
        Serious question because I am interested in these things if it can pay off. When if ever would it be a good time to invest in WWE's stock because they are doing bad now but have no comp so its not like they are going out of business anytime soon.......wouldn't now while it is at a low price be the best time to buy stock in the company and get a return much later?

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
          Serious question because I am interested in these things if it can pay off. When if ever would it be a good time to invest in WWE's stock because they are doing bad now but have no comp so its not like they are going out of business anytime soon.......wouldn't now while it is at a low price be the best time to buy stock in the company and get a return much later?
          Good question... I'm a huge wrestling fan and have followed this stock since it went public in the late 90s..

Wwe earlier this year had a huge run-up from the 10-12 range all the way up to 30 in a matter of a few weeks. This was due to the rollout of the wwe network, they were hoping for at least 1 million users in the first year and some analysts had them eventually achieving 7-8 million globally. Their stock price took a huge uptick and got very overpriced, and has since comeback to reality and has been on a downward spiral back to the original levels since the network only has roughly 600k..

Wwe pays a great dividend each year, and has no competition. They are estimating losses over the next few quarters but that shouldn't interfere with the dividend.. The wwe is owned a lot by the McMahon family and key employees so there is a great incentive for management to improve financial ratios..

Even though it seems to have hit the bottom at 11, short term I would hold off until the sept renewals start for the network, that will be an indicator of how well the network is doing.. If only 25% or so reup! then the stock will take another hit probably into the high single digits maybe as low as 6 or 7..
          Long term if your investment window is 5 years or longer, then I think it's a great investment, and you should reinvest the dividends.. 20 years from now it will seem like a bargain and you will have made some serious cash

Comment

Smart move for all young beginning investors is to put your money in index funds.. They
            are low cost, some even no cost if u use one of your brokerage's index fund, which is what I do with some of my money.. It's the best and easiest way to build value over time.. Putting 100 bucks a month into an index fund from the ages 25 to 65 would give you a huge nest egg in your old age

I advise to put your first 10 thousand into index funds that track the Dow, S P 500, Nasdaq

Comment

I've been lazy studying the stock market, etc... The only investment I have is 401k. All my money is in my savings account and time deposit lol. I'm definitely losing money coz it's just in the bank and making almost zero interest. I feel like an idiot for just keeping all my money in the bank.

I will look into this index fund.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterOfFeint View Post
                I've been lazy studying the stock market, etc... The only investment I have is 401k. All my money is in my savings account and time deposit lol. I'm definitely losing money coz it's just in the bank and making almost zero interest. I feel like an idiot for just keeping all my money in the bank.

I will look into this index fund.
                It's the best bet in the long term, and should be free if you use your own brokerage's funds..

I myself use Charles schwab and they have all sorts of index funds and I put money into their S&P index every month. There is no trading fees and no real costs or fees.. If I invest in say a vanguard fund then my broker (schwab) would charge me fees and such..

So look at your own brokerages index funds.. If your investment timeframe is longer than 15 years, you should see some sizable gains..

Of course you should reinvest your dividends and don't let the ups and downs of the markets scare you.. It takes at least a decade or 2 but if you invest every month for 2 decades, you will have a size able return from when you first started..
                People are millionaires right now that have invested since the 60,70,80s..

Be sure to see what will be most tax beneficial for you..

I use a Roth IRA account but it has a limit you can invest per year, but that money is tax free when it comes out.. Once I hit my yearly limit in my Roth IRA I then invest in my standard brokerage account for the remainder of the year..
                I have my index fund in the Roth IRA account, and from time to time I use some of schwabb's funds in my standard account...

I use an index that tracks the S&P 500 which basically is a fund that has shares of all the top 500 companies

Comment

A myth in investments is that you have to beat the market.. That's nonsense for the average investor..

Guys that run hedge funds and day traders might have to beat the market, but to the average person, the main thing is to make your money grow over time to counteract inflation and have a decent retirement..
                  Investing in an index fund for 20+ years is about the easiest way to make money grow gradually over time..
                  The market over time will go up, but year to year you will have ups and downs..
                  All you want your money to do is grow by 5-6% minimum.. Am index fund can go up by 20+ % in a single year... You will have some down years but overall your money should increase tenfold over a few decades with dividend reinvestment

Comment

i have vanguard 401k so i want to use vanguard..
                    what do you think of this index fund.. i want to invest $10k first and see he how it goes.. after a year, when i'm more comfortable, i'll invest more..

https://personal.vanguard.com/us/fun...tExt=INT#tab=0

Comment

Working...
                    X