No announcement yet.

BWAA or RING they all have external influences

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by puga View Post
    hey you know what..bwaa is anti gb because bob arum buys them lunch , that pretty much his argument is...lol

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
      hey you know what..bwaa is anti gb because bob arum buys them lunch , that pretty much his argument is...lol
      That shows your lack of comprehension. You better quit before you make a further fool out of yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by HaglerSteelChin View Post
        Actually you and your pinoy brother have embarrassed yourself badly in these boards. He probably cried out SAKLOLO since he didn't have the bayags to take care of his own arguments.

By trying to double team me the two of you came out like fools.

I have seen plenty of fights live. I actually was there and saw how the little Omar Narvaez lasted full distance with your countryman. This after all the pinoys were predicting that Narvaez would go "night night."
        duhhh. No double team hear. I was reading through the thread. Asked a question on my own and you came out of left field with insults and red k. Which mathematically didnt work in your favor. 9<144++++++++++++++++! Way to go dummy. Thanks for the insults for no reason. All i asked and P asked was a simple question. Look at you now...you look like a clown!

Comment

<>

LOL, you think a poster like me cares about Red or Green K? I will state my opinion regardless of that consideration.

If i am a clown and dumb as you say that i am why you care if i throw insults? I thought pinoys had tough pusos? You claim you are tough as you are pinoy and live in an area surrounded by latinos in Southern FL.

I will give you credit for at least keeping your Pac images, even after the KO, it shows you still have loyalty for your fellow countrymen.

Comment

If Memo is so great why did Arce get KTFO by Donaire in tatlo asaultos?

Hindi Ko Natindihan? Donaire ran from Concepcion for 12 rounds at 115 and barely beat him, than he gets four consecutive KO's with Conte. People can throw suspicion wherever they please.

Unfortunately, in modern sports nobody can definitively state what someone is taking.

I actually think guys like Conte and Memo have enough insight to prepare athletes without illegal doping. Both of these guys have been under the radar in the past, so if they would get caught again than they are finished.
            First off, if you've been following Donaire then you would know that he's been knocking guys out way before Conte was introduced. Majority of the opponents he faced has tasted the canvas.
            Second why add Donaire and Ward working with Conte. That has nothing to do with wining FOTY, if your going to make a case for it then why be one sided about it and not include the fact that Marquez was working with Memo.
            Donaire prime > Arce prime with peds. Donaire has many advantages over him, and why you typing filipino words? You trying to impress me? Lol jk.

I'm at work so I may not be able to reply right away.

Comment

That shows your lack of comprehension. You better quit before you make a further fool out of yourself.
              The BWAA award dinner is usually partnered with the promoter of the Fighter of The Year. Last year Dan Goossen sponsored the dinner because Andre Ward go the award. This year Top Rank will probably do it because of Donaire. When Mayweather got the award a few years back, Golden Boy rented a very expensive hall for the awards dinner.

Comment

Anyone else think both are too American Centric? When was the last time either had a fight from Asia or Europe as their fight of the year? (From memory bother had Somsak Sithchatchawal KO 10 Mahyar Monshipour as their 2006 Fight of the Year). Ditto round of the year (Ring gave it to the final round of the previously mentioned Sithchatchawal v Monshipour bout). I understand that both have to appeal to both the US fans and US promoters but come of. Fights like Hernandez v Porpramook I and Yaegashi v Porpramook both deserved serious mentions.

Ring Magazine brought back the prospect of the year award in 2011 and both have those have gone to US fighters. Whilst both winners were solid there were great prospects from around the world who deserved a shout.

Not sure who they had as the upset though Jaro v Wonjongkam and Rodriguez v Joyi are surely the two stand out choices, though I'd be surprised if they picked either of those.

I want the boxing press to report about all boxing (one of the better things about Boxingscene) not just the US boxing scene.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                  The BWAA award dinner is usually partnered with the promoter of the Fighter of The Year. Last year Dan Goossen sponsored the dinner because Andre Ward go the award. This year Top Rank will probably do it because of Donaire. When Mayweather got the award a few years back, Golden Boy rented a very expensive hall for the awards dinner.
                  SO that means the BWAA partnered their event with Top Rank 4 out of the last 7 years(including this year). Not a bad ratio.

Mayweather had beaten DLH in the biggest PPV fight in history which did about 2.4 million PPV sales, he also defeated Hatton who was undefeated, so his FOTY was expected in 2007.

As for their actual awards, i haven't seen material that went after TR as the stuff that called out GBP.

Even though i admit Ring is owned by GBP. If they wanted to be blatantly biased they could have given their award to a guy in their stable as Danny Garcia or Robert Guerrero.
                  Last edited by HaglerSteelChin; 02-01-2013, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                    Look at his last three fights:

Katsidis - Guerrero was hurt to the body and looked ready to go and the ref saved him
                    Aydin - the win now looks very average indeed with the limited Karass beating him
                    Berto - lost to Ortiz in first step up, arguably was losing to Zaveck and lost to Guerrero

Good fighter with a lot of guts for stepping up but he's not a top 10 and I don't think he's a top 15 either, maybe top 20-25
                    Guererro was hurt to the body but the ref "saved him" because of the clear and consistent low blows from Katsidis. In which he was warned several times.

Karass is underrated and it doesn't change the fact that Adyin was Top 10 when Guererro beat him.

Berto is Berto, but Guererro was an underdog and again deserves credit for that.

Hindsight is 20/20 though, of course.

Comment

Working...
                    X