No announcement yet.

Vanes vs. Lara II Purse Bid Scheduled for Friday

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vanes vs. Lara II Purse Bid Scheduled for Friday

A WBC junior middleweight eliminator purse bid has been ordered for Friday for the right to promote the rematch between Erislandy Lara (17-1-2, 11 KOs) and Vanes Martirosyan (32-0-1, 20 KOs), who battled to November's ninth-round, technical decision draw after an accidental clash of heads caused a cut over Martirosyan's left eye and forced the verdict to go to the scorecards.

The winner of Lara-Martirosyan II will become the mandatory challenger to WBC beltholder Saul "Canelo" Alvarez (41-0-1, 30 KOs), according to Sulaiman.
    http://******.craveonline.com/blog/176731-lems-latest
    Vanes Decision
    18.42%
    Lara Decision
    44.74%
    Vanes KO
    5.26%
    Lara KO
    10.53%
    Draw
    2.63%
    Don't Care
    18.42%

O look guys the boxing gods answered our prayers *SPITS*

Comment

Not interested in seeing the fight again. But obviously the fighters want it, and one of the networks will pick it up so it makes sense.

I wonder how bad the WBC will ignore its rules on the result of this anyhow. Canelo obviously has a plan mapped out this year of 5/4 opponent, then very likely Floyd Mayweather in the fall. This mandatory will once again be ignored by the WBC.

Comment

I hope Golden Boy outbids Top Rank this time around.

This would be a good undercard to throw on the May 4th event.

Comment

@PBP
          That would make a nice fight for the undercard of the 5/4 PPV. But more than likely it will take a purse bid that would cost to much to make the 3rd fight on a ppv card.
          I would love to be wrong of course.

Comment

I picked Lara by late stoppage the first time, and I will make the same prediction this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Heavy Hitter View Post
              @PBP
              That would make a nice fight for the undercard of the 5/4 PPV. But more than likely it will take a purse bid that would cost to much to make the 3rd fight on a ppv card.
              I would love to be wrong of course.
              Remember it was originally supposed to be on the Pac/Marquez 4 undercard on November 10th but Pacquiao moved the date to December. Then it was supposed to be a co-feature with Salido vs. Garcia but Salido pulled out of the fight due to injury.

It wasn't intended to be a main event in November.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360
                I picked Lara by late stoppage the first time, and I will make the same prediction this time.
                I think the fight was headed that way but unfortunately it didn't. I'm convinced Lara was waiting for Vanes' punches and bull rushes to lose some steam. Then he also found a way to land his left at will.

Like someone said, GBP better win this bid this time around.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                  I take it you saw nothing to change that opinion. lol

I thought Vanes did better than expected. I think Lara will be more aggressive next time.

Comment

Lara will land the left again and probably soone than before, Vanes was lucky he got that cut because he was on his way to get stopped...

Comment

Working...
                    X