No announcement yet.

Is Corona Beer Overrated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Uncle Kadyo View Post
    I wouldn't know cause it's not available here although I've tried other beers like beer hausen, budweiser, heinikken, tiger and others but I still prefer the locally produced beer called san miguel pale pilsen.
    I don't know if you know of Ariel's Point, Kadyo, but it is the place my lady is trying to lure me to (she's a Filipino).

1 New Zealand dollar for Corona and for San Miguel. I would be in heaven if it weren't for the heat!

Comment

Corona is a solid choice, not the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
        I don't know if you know of Ariel's Point, Kadyo, but it is the place my lady is trying to lure me to (she's a Filipino).

1 New Zealand dollar for Corona and for San Miguel. I would be in heaven if it weren't for the heat!
        Heard of the place but never been there. How much in php peso is 1 nz dollar? It's hot here even during winter season in your place. It's like living in purgatory, you should try baguio though to avoid the heat.

BTW, I got a lot of former students who work mostly as nurses in your country.

Comment

Originally posted by deliveryman View Post
          Corona is a solid choice, not the best.
          Hey DM, do they sell san miguel or red horse in toronto.? If so, give it a try.

Comment

Heard of the place but never been there. How much in php peso is 1 nz dollar? It's hot here even during winter season in your place. It's like living in purgatory, you should try baguio though to avoid the heat.
            1 NZD is roughly 30 pesos

A Corona would usually cost 3-4 dollars here. In a restaurant about 8.

I appreciate the suggestion. I don't deal well with heat and it was bad enough in Australia. I'll try reason with her.

BTW, I got a lot of former students who work mostly as nurses in your country.
            Funnily enough her mother is a psychiatric nurse.

EDIT: From Baguio!

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
              1 NZD is roughly 30 pesos

A Corona would usually cost 3-4 dollars here. In a restaurant about 8.

I appreciate the suggestion. I don't deal well with heat and it was bad enough in Australia. I'll try reason with her.

Funnily enough her mother is a psychiatric nurse.

EDIT: From Baguio!
              1 bottle of 350 ml san miguel pale pilsen here right now is P23 but it will double the price next year because of the recently passed sin tax law. Still cheap compared to your corona there but relatively expensive to us pinoys.

Baguio is the coolest place in our country. It's normally 14 degree celciius there on the average which is roughly 57 degree farenheit. I didn't take a bath for two days when I spent a 2-week vacation there because of the cold haha.

Comment

Ill drink it if it has liquor poured in it. Preferrably Limon

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                  What a fuckin sissy.

To answer the thread question:

Corona is a low quality, mass produced beer. Pretty much the only reason why people drink it is because for many years people had no choice but to drink that standard, corporate, pale, yellow, fizzy, bland lager. Its now implanted into people's minds that THAT is beer.

Corona isn't much different from Budweiser, Miller or Coors. Those breweries add tons of corn and rice to their beer to lighten flavor and speed up the brewing process to cut costs.

To say whether or not its overrated, I guess it depends on who you talk to. But its not a "good" beer.
                  Spoken like a true ugg boot wearing hipster with star tatoos.

Comment

When I used to drink beer, it was always Corona & Dos Equis for me. Once I noticed slight weight gain I backed the fuck off. It ain't worth it...

Comment

1 bottle of 350 ml san miguel pale pilsen here right now is P23 but it will double the price next year because of the recently passed sin tax law. Still cheap compared to your corona there but relatively expensive to us pinoys.
                      You guys got it good in that regard. Damn

Baguio is the coolest place in our country. It's normally 14 degree celciius there on the average which is roughly 57 degree farenheit. I didn't take a bath for two days when I spent a 2-week vacation there because of the cold haha.
                      Sounds like my sort of place.

I am uncomfortable at about 24 degrees. But I can deal with 10, no problem.

Comment

Working...
                      X