Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm late, but the Ghost rather impressive vs Berto no?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When Trout beat Cotto the first poster I thought of was bushbaby! Where you been man? Hope all is good

Comment

Originally posted by DuttyAlacrity View Post
      Not a fan of all the mauling and blatant fouls but he did show grit and toughness
      If he was just holding, i'd surely agree. But the Ghost was throwing punches constantly imo.

Comment

It's a good win considering this dude is coming up from the lower weight classes. He is looking good, so far. However, I don't know if it merits a Mayweather fight. But, at the same time these dudes are fighting tough opposition with the hope of securing some kind of money fight with the big dudes. Nevermind, though. He almost knocked Berto out in the last round. That's good enough for me. Bring on Mayweather.

Comment

The only thing that I didn't like about it was that Guerrero was getting hit by some huge shots on the inside. He has a good chin.

Even though he did well and out muscled Berto on the inside, Guerrero fought better from the outside. I know that Guerrero's plan was to stay on the inside because they wanted to avoid Berto from extending his arms and catching Guerrero with power punches but I find that Guerrero was getting hit more than he needed to on the inside.

From my side, I need to see more fights at WW for Guerrero as he looked very average in his first one at WW. I'm sure ring rust plus being his first fight at WW contributed to that. Remember that Berto has lost to Ortiz and has been always maligned for having a week resume prior to the Ortiz fight. Plus, probably for the first time, this was a PEDs free version of Berto.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
            I found myself really surprised last night watching how he muscled through Berto. I always thought he'd be a weak welterweight. But he seemed strong as an ox.

With that said I actually wouldn't mind seeing him & Floyd fight now. I actually think that he's a far better opponent than ginger atm.
            not even 5 months later and the Ghost win means nothing while now a Canelo win means everything?

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
              not even 5 months later and the Ghost win means nothing while now a Canelo win means everything?
              Sounds like you're not to keen on sarcasm are ya?? You fail son.

Comment

Working...
              X