Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kessler: Ward Has No Guts, I'll Fight Him in The U.S.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kessler is garbage and one of the most overated fighters in the game. He was garbage before the super six and he is garbage after it. Ward beat him down and it wouldnt have mattered if they fought on the moon cause Ward outclassed him PERIOD.

Comment

Ward wont fight him again. He'll beat Froch again. Ward has to move up- he should fight someone with some more crafty hand skills - like Campillo if he wins in Jan. cloud/pascal would get schooled by Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
        Ward is very much in the driver's seat right now. And even though his resume is impressive and he appears to be the heir apperant to the P4P throne, his unwillingness to fight outside of America in the Super Six and only agreeing to fight Dawson if the light heavy champ drained himself and agreed to fight in Ward's backyard just doesn't smell right to me.
        Gtfoh. Fighters come to America to make it big. Not the other way around. What does he have to prove by going over to Denmark to fight? People act like he has been winning razor thin decisions in Oakland (and Atlantic City) where there is all this controversy around his victories. Last time i checked he blew all these guys out the water. It's crazy! He sells out the Oakland Arena and now people want him to fight somewhere else, but in the Andre Berto thread people are calling Berto a dud because he cant sell out in his home state. Jesus Christ! I didn't hear Ward say a damn thing about refusing to fight outside of Oakland. He just has a good management team and fights in the same country where the premium networks who air his fight are based out of... Guess what folks? HBO and Showtime are American TV networks. 99% of the fights that are seen on these networks are fought in America.

And are we talking about the SAME Chad Dawson who called out Ward after looking like **** against BHop? I mean, the man just said after the fight on national TV he was willing to come down and take Ward's belts. I dont really care what was said at the negotiating table, Dawson made it CLEAR he was willing to come down, and was classy enough in defeat not to use weight as an excuse, because even if it WAS the reason he lost, he made the mistake of saying he was more than willing to go down to 168, and talked **** about how it wouldnt affect him in the build up. So guess what? He took his L like a man. Wish Kessler could do the same thing.

The same Kessler who had eye issues and didnt finish the damn tournament! If you wanted to fight Ward so bad you shouldve finished the super six you flake.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
          Kessler is garbage and one of the most overated fighters in the game. He was garbage before the super six and he is garbage after it. Ward beat him down and it wouldnt have mattered if they fought on the moon cause Ward outclassed him PERIOD.
          Kessler was a strong textbook fighter with decent power.He was touted as second behind Calzaghe while there was nobody really standout in that division at that time...now the division is more heated,he is just one loss away from being another stepping stone or a gate keeper....I am not even sure he beats Froch in a rematch.I think the Kessler/Froch fight was pretty much Kessler's last hoorah and if he fights the likes of Dirrell (once he belts out the ring rust and returns to form) or Ward he will get outclassed-maybe hurt pretty badly.

Comment

Originally posted by damned1974 View Post
            So did Ward need the hometown when he won gold at the olympics in Greece?
            Only the greek fighters was at home and AM and PRO are completely different anyway.

At the end of the day,these fighters do not forget to fight just because they are fighting somewhere else.Kessler turned down a rematch with Ward a while back
            Not true.

Originally posted by damned1974 View Post
            I don't even want to see a Kessler and Ward or a Kessler and Froch rematch- neither fight was competitive and both guys looked very ordinary against Ward.

People are forgetting that Ward fought Kessler when he was inexperienced at the top level of his pro career and Kessler was the big favourite by most to win the Super 6. Since then,you can tell that Ward has developed further in his craft while Kessler has slipped badly. I wouldn't be surprised if Kessler got stopped in a rematch...
            Yeah man. Ward is good that there's nobody left for him to fight. It's not even necessary to travel to another country. Hell he should just retire.

Comment

He don't have to leave the US...certainly not for Kessler

Don't get why fans are trying to make it Mandatory for Ward to fight outside of the US...when did this become a requirement to be a TOP FIGHTER

people come to fight in the US because of Money and the Big Networks are here...WTF IS IN DENMARK?

So yes if your want revenge against the Guy that already kicked your A$$, you will have to come to him!

Ward will really dominate him in a rematch...a straight SHUT OUT and likely a Stoppage...Ward has gotten BETTER since their first match up

Comment

Ward fighting outside of the US is laughable
                why should he? he calls the shots the the euro bums

I wish ward would go over to Denmark and kick Kesslers az yet again
                in front of his countrymen then go to the UK to kick Frochs az again
                then what would you Limeys be saying
                oh oh oh

Ward beats all of them fighting anywhere
                he makes more money for himself fighting at home in the states

Comment

Calslappy Ruined Kessler haha

Comment

what i find amusing is that all you posters that live in euro or have euro ties crack on Ward for not fighting the "challenger" outside the US
                    yet you all have no problem with the Klit Bros fighting all their fights in their backyards or close to it

They are seen as boring fighters here in the states and would not sell out a boxing arena so they stay home where they sell out stadiums and make more loot! makes sense to me
                    If I can see that why cant ya'll?

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                      Only the greek fighters was at home and AM and PRO are completely different anyway.

Not true.

Yeah man. Ward is good that there's nobody left for him to fight. It's not even necessary to travel to another country. Hell he should just retire.

Love the sarcasm.Maybe it is because you are from Denmark that you would love to see your hometown hero bashed to a pulp and outclassed again.

Personally,I think the amount of fights are limited for Ward at the SMW division and would have preffered to see Ward beat Dawson at LHW...I still see the same result though.

Answer me this-why the hell would any fighter seek a fight in Denmark when they are building a solid career in America with the likes of support from HBO and Showtime???? Do you honestly think that fighting Kessler in Denmark boosts Wards career to the next level at this stage,or is it a step backwards???? Is anyone even begging for this fight??? HELL NO! If a fighter usually waits to fight every 6 months,do we want to waste this time for a Kessler rematch-hell,we seen that outcome-let's see a different opponent.Even a Pavlik/Ward match up seems more appealing-and we all know the outcome of that fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X