• Show
Clear All

• M-Sat. SUNDAY IS FUN DAY!
    Breakfast: Oat meal or fiber cereal
    Lunch: fish/brown rice/veggies or chicken/pasta/veggies
    Snack: apple or banana
    Dinner: fish/brown rice/veggies or chicken/pasta/veggies

Comment

• 7 small meals, wow... good luck. Are you going to have a variety from day to day, 'cause I,m thinking after while it will get too monotonous, so to say...

Comment

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
        Click the link in my sig to check out some of my routines if you want. Not bragging but I push it pretty hard. I haven't changed my diet and I drink beer still lost over 20 pounds, went from 185 down to 162 now. P90X: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday....HIIT Cardio and running workouts Tuesday and Thursdays.

I switch up my cardio routines every time I do them. Here is an example of one....

Workout Routine 6/5/2012

Workout Overview: Combination of treadmill work and HIIT Tabata cycles

Round 1:

Do a mile on the treadmill, moderate speed (I use 6.5 MPH). Introduce different elevations as you progress through the mile. I went 0.25 mile at 0% incline, then I go to 1% incline for 0.1 mile. Every 0.1 mile, I increase the incline 1%. So by the time I am at 0.95 mile, I am at an incline of 7%. I drop it back down to 0% to finish of the mile.

Round 2:

1. platform jumps (20 seconds)

2. jumprope (20 seconds)

3. platform jumps (20 seconds)

4. jumprope (20 seconds)

5. platform jumps (20 seconds)

6. jumprope (20 seconds)

7. platform jumps (20 seconds)

8. jumprope (20 seconds)
        -------------------------------------------------
        1 Minute Break
        Round 3:

Repeat another mile per the description in Round 1.
        1 Minute Break
        Round 4:

1. Mountain Climbers (20 seconds)

2. Side to Side Platform Crosses (20 seconds)

3. Mountain Climbers (20 seconds)

4. Side to Side Platform Crosses (20 seconds)

5. Mountain Climbers (20 seconds)

6. Side to Side Platform Crosses (20 seconds)

7. Mountain Climbers (20 seconds)

8. Side to Side Platform Crosses (20 seconds)
        --------------------------------------------------
        1 Minute Break
        --------------------------------------------------
        Round 5:

Repeat another mile per the description in Round 1.
        ---------------------------------------------------

Total Workout Time: about an hour, 3 miles, 16 minutes of Tabata HIIT Tabata routine.
        You wouldn't happen to be in the military and deployed? Just met a dude in the gym the other day that has a very similar routine and (like myself) is a huge Martinez fan.

Comment

• This thread was sort of my inspiration after i quit playing gridiron football and got to 202 lbs chubby.

I now weigh 165 lbs and i feel way better boxing at this weight planning on going to 178 but putting the weight in muscle.

Don't have many before pics unfortunately but you can see by my face that i was heavier.

In the green

I thought i'd share since i never forget where i come from and what inspires me i hope this will be inspirational for others as well.

Take care and don't give up brahs

Comment

• Mathed's Tabata workouts are excellent. They are intense and tough as you're doing them....but you are done in such a short period of time that it's worth it.

I've gotten good results mixing them into the rotation along with regular calisthenics training.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alx. View Post
              This thread was sort of my inspiration after i quit playing gridiron football and got to 202 lbs chubby.

I now weigh 165 lbs and i feel way better boxing at this weight planning on going to 178 but putting the weight in muscle.

Don't have many before pics unfortunately but you can see by my face that i was heavier.

In the green

I thought i'd share since i never forget where i come from and what inspires me i hope this will be inspirational for others as well.

Take care and don't give up brahs
              You look a lot better. What workout did you use for that transformation?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                You look a lot better. What workout did you use for that transformation?
                thank you brother. i will post the workout and diet here a bit later when i have time

Comment

• Originally posted by Alx. View Post
                  thank you brother. i will post the workout and diet here a bit later when i have time
                  Great progression!

Comment

• Anyone interested in doing the 6 week transformation again?

I've been lifting a lot but not really been watching what I'm eating so I'm thinking about going on a 6 week cut.

Comment

• Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
                      Anyone interested in doing the 6 week transformation again?

I've been lifting a lot but not really been watching what I'm eating so I'm thinking about going on a 6 week cut.

I'm happy where I'm at...

Eat clean for those 6 weeks and you will see improvement for sure. Let alone hitting up the gym, that's always a plus.

Comment

Working...
                      X