Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 10-07-2012, 11:25 AM #1
Up and Comer

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
1moreround is on a distinguished road
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 16,096.67
Default Brandon Rios vs. Mike Alvarado: Predictions

With the impending war between Brandon "Bam Bam" Rios and "Mile High" Mike Alvarado just a week away, thought I would start a thread about outcome predictions.

IMO, I think that this is going to be a tougher fight for Rios than a lot of people believe. It's his first time fighting officially at 140, and lets face it...Alvarado is tougher than a coffin nail. It's going to be interesting to see how Brandon deals with a full fledged, undefeated puncher in the light welterweight division. We all know that Rios has a pretty good chin and packs a wallop himself, but he's coming off a pretty poor performance against Abril, and I think this will be his toughest opponent to date. If he doesn't struggle with weight and comes in healthy, this definitely has potential to be a fight of the year candidate.

With that being said though, I actually think that Brandon is the more technically sound fighter...in no way am I saying that he's a well oiled technician in there...but when he fights on the inside (which will be for most of the fight probably), I think he'll know how to handle himself a little better than Alvarado. I think his defense is underrated...yes, his head movement could be a little better, but he has a good method of keeping his hands up and using his offense as defense.

Thus, IMO, I have Rios winning via TKO in the later rounds. I think it's going to be an all out brawl, but by the 8th-9th round, I think the momentum is going to tip in Brandon's favor and it's just a matter of time before he stops Alvarado. I'm sure he's going to take a lot of leather to get there, but that's my prediction. Interested to see what you guys think!
1moreround is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 10-07-2012, 07:25 PM #2
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2339 Post(s)
boliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,577,854,860,840,787,771,392.00
Total Points: 3,577,854,860,850,787,516,416.00
For spreading some interesting dog (+ boxing) knowledge ;) - PainfromUkraine war canelo!! - KO MX consistent levelheaded objectivity - lefthook2daliva Keep terminating retards! - Krusher P4P #1 Good poster - -Weltschmerz- 
Good poster - MDPopescu Cheers to a good poster! - King Krusher Great Post! Ward fans are cheater fans. - anthonydavid11 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1moreround View Post
With the impending war between Brandon "Bam Bam" Rios and "Mile High" Mike Alvarado just a week away, thought I would start a thread about outcome predictions.

IMO, I think that this is going to be a tougher fight for Rios than a lot of people believe. It's his first time fighting officially at 140, and lets face it...Alvarado is tougher than a coffin nail. It's going to be interesting to see how Brandon deals with a full fledged, undefeated puncher in the light welterweight division. We all know that Rios has a pretty good chin and packs a wallop himself, but he's coming off a pretty poor performance against Abril, and I think this will be his toughest opponent to date. If he doesn't struggle with weight and comes in healthy, this definitely has potential to be a fight of the year candidate.

With that being said though, I actually think that Brandon is the more technically sound fighter...in no way am I saying that he's a well oiled technician in there...but when he fights on the inside (which will be for most of the fight probably), I think he'll know how to handle himself a little better than Alvarado. I think his defense is underrated...yes, his head movement could be a little better, but he has a good method of keeping his hands up and using his offense as defense.

Thus, IMO, I have Rios winning via TKO in the later rounds. I think it's going to be an all out brawl, but by the 8th-9th round, I think the momentum is going to tip in Brandon's favor and it's just a matter of time before he stops Alvarado. I'm sure he's going to take a lot of leather to get there, but that's my prediction. Interested to see what you guys think!
I agree with what you said 100%. There is no need for me to say how I think the fight would go or why, because you have already done that. I pick Rios by late round KO but Alvarado is good enough that I won't be shocked if he wins.
boliodogs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:27 PM #3
Banned

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
subhuman has a reputation beyond reputesubhuman has a reputation beyond reputesubhuman has a reputation beyond reputesubhuman has a reputation beyond reputesubhuman has a reputation beyond reputesubhuman has a reputation beyond reputesubhuman has a reputation beyond reputesubhuman has a reputation beyond reputesubhuman has a reputation beyond reputesubhuman has a reputation beyond reputesubhuman has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 10,120,440.00
Total Points: 10,229,799.87

Add a poll bro.

But yeah I can't call out a clear winner in this war. It can go either way, can't wait
subhuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:54 PM #4
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Deeznuts has a reputation beyond reputeDeeznuts has a reputation beyond reputeDeeznuts has a reputation beyond reputeDeeznuts has a reputation beyond reputeDeeznuts has a reputation beyond reputeDeeznuts has a reputation beyond reputeDeeznuts has a reputation beyond reputeDeeznuts has a reputation beyond reputeDeeznuts has a reputation beyond reputeDeeznuts has a reputation beyond reputeDeeznuts has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,537,647,229,206.98
Total Points: 1,654,013,713,904.19

Toss up fight since they both looked vulnerable their past couple of fights..Alvarado was getting hammered by Prescott before he gassed and Rios was getting out-boxed by Abril. Biggest fight for either guy..its a rarity two prime undefeated fighters go at it
Deeznuts is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
alvarado:, brandon, mike, predictions, rios

User Tag List