No announcement yet.

Roy Jones: No excuses to duck Michael Nunn in 1997

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
    LOL so Roy was supposed to fight 3x in 7 months? The irrational Roy Jones hate is ridiculous you people cry about not fighting Dariusz but than call Gonzalez a bum, cry about not fighting Collins but call Reggie Johnson a bum, and cry about not fighting Benn but call Malinga a bum.
    amen to that.

Comment

LOL so Roy was supposed to fight 3x in 7 months? The irrational Roy Jones hate is ridiculous you people cry about not fighting Dariusz but than call Gonzalez a bum, cry about not fighting Collins but call Reggie Johnson a bum, and cry about not fighting Benn but call Malinga a bum.
      Roy fought 4 times in 1996 and 3 times in 1998, so are you saying he needs a vacation after a quick workout (one round KO of Griffin)

Comment

Originally posted by GoogleMe View Post
        Michael Nunn would've been a good name on RJJ's resume.
        And i've like Roy Jones rivalry with James Toney that they fought so many common opponents, from Sosa to Reggie Johnson, McCallum, Thormton, Griffin and even years later.

thats why Nunn would be a good name to his resume.

Comment

Okay thanks. I guess Roy was one of the few big names in the light heavyweight division then. I used to hear very little about it at the time, heard more about heavyweights, middleweights, some welters and lower weight classes too. Plus the guy did become undisputed and Ring light heavyweight champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Emon723 View Post
            Roy fought 4 times in 1996 and 3 times in 1998, so are you saying he needs a vacation after a quick workout (one round KO of Griffin)
            You say it was a quick workout but I guarantee you Roy trained like a mad man for that fight. Just because he might have done it before to expect Roy to fight 3x legit title fights in 7 months is just silly

Comment

You say it was a quick workout but I guarantee you Roy trained like a mad man for that fight. Just because he might have done it before to expect Roy to fight 3x legit title fights in 7 months is just silly
              Did I say Roy must fought 3x in 7 months, backread and use common sense before posting, read it carefully, Jones fought Griffin in August 1997 and his next fight against Virgil Hill was in April 1998, he could defend against Michael Nunn around December of '97, I didnt said RJJ must fought 3 opponents at that period, only Michael Nunn.

Comment

Working...
              X