Adrien Broner will be the next fighter of the decade

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bluetech View Post
    LMFAAOOO...

Donaire already a 4 division champ and p4p top 10 all this decade has a better chance than broner. Andre Ward is off to a better start than broner also has a better chance than broner.
    i dont think donaire will make it to the end of the decade and still be on top.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ottke's Twin View Post
      Any else find the idea of Broner being the fighter of the decade incredibly scary and depressing?

He was out-boxed by PONCE DE LEON about 4 fights ago. PONCE DE LEON.

His last opponent looked like he belonged 3 weight classes below him.

The one before that was one of the worst opponents I can remember for a BAD feature fight I can remember.

What is going on here?
      he wasnt outboxed. he was outworked. and with that said, the kid's 22. hes doing very well for his age and hes def getting better.

Comment

• Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
        i dont think donaire will make it to the end of the decade and still be on top.
        he's off to a much better start than broner that's for sure. after Pac, Floyd, and bhop, donaire is the most decorated fighter in the sport.

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
        he wasnt outboxed. he was outworked. and with that said, the kid's 22. hes doing very well for his age and hes def getting better.
        broner doesnt have the solid foundation and background to keep level headed when he starts getting some success and have a sustained excellence required to get fighter of the decade.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluetech View Post
          he's off to a much better start than broner that's for sure. after Pac, Floyd, and bhop, donaire is the most decorated fighter in the sport.
          hes off to a much better start but that doesnt mean hes gonna last. hes already 30, hes not getting any younger nor faster. in fact i doubt he'll make waves above his current weight class.

Originally posted by Bluetech View Post
          broner doesnt have the solid foundation and background to keep level headed when he starts getting some success and have a sustained excellence required to get fighter of the decade.
          u dont know this. same could have been said about floyd. u shouldnt assume such foolishness, u dont kno the guy personally. sure hes a clown but when hes been in the ring and in the gym so far, hes been all business.

Comment

• stop smoking crack Larry.

Broner is a mental midget, dude would be legally classified as "******ed" if he ever took an IQ test.

Broner "1 Baby Mama for Every Year im Alive" Broner

Comment

• I wouldnt mind if he was fighter of the decade.

I like the dude.

Comment

• Waaaaaay too early to tell.

Judah was supposed to be the next Tyson.

Devon Alexander was supposed to be Mayweather's heir apparent.

Paul Williams was supposed to be the most avoided man in boxing.

Ishe Smith was supposed to be God's next gift to boxing.

Let's not put this kid too high so fast. He has lots to do and much to achieve before we start nominating him for accolades.

If Broner wants to be a true ATG, he needs less hype and more championships. He needs to consistently fight the #1s, 2's and 3's wherever he competes. He needs to avoid vacant titles. He needs to win convincingly and not rely on his promoter to grease palms to get gift decisions.

I believe that Broner can do all of this. I'd still rather wait until he actually does before hanging his picture in the HOF.

Sometimes the fans are worse than the promoters with all of that hype nonsense.

Comment

• Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                  hes off to a much better start but that doesnt mean hes gonna last. hes already 30, hes not getting any younger nor faster. in fact i doubt he'll make waves above his current weight class.

u dont know this. same could have been said about floyd. u shouldnt assume such foolishness, u dont kno the guy personally. sure hes a clown but when hes been in the ring and in the gym so far, hes been all business.

you also dont know this. only time will tell. that was true before this era. lower weight fighters usually top off around 30 like nfl RBs but now with today advancements in maintaining a elite athlete you can see his career extending. Look at juan manuel marquez, manny pac still on top yet they are in their mid to late 30s. Even MAB and EM put up good fights in their 30s.

As for broner, he doesnt have the same background as floyd. Broner wasnt a olympic medalist, wasnt from a family of boxing royalty, broner wasnt a pampered and protected like a future star like floyd was wtih top rank.

Judging from how broner has been acting and he has yet to beat anybody noteworthy, and has yet to be paid like a star, it doesnt bode well for him to sustain such high excellence in order to win FOTD once he really starts getting paid and getting recognized.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ottke's Twin View Post
                    Any else find the idea of Broner being the fighter of the decade incredibly scary and depressing?

He was out-boxed by PONCE DE LEON about 4 fights ago. PONCE DE LEON.

His last opponent looked like he belonged 3 weight classes below him.

The one before that was one of the worst opponents I can remember for a BAD feature fight I can remember.

What is going on here?
                    Either way he still beat Pnce De Leon and improved as the fight went on.

Litzau was a good win. He beat a p4p ranked gu the fight before and Broner blasted him in 1 rd. Not saying Litzau is p4p, but it was a solid win.

Again with his last fight. The guy was top ten, ya in a weak division, but he didnt even get touched and stopped him.

Basically he has done what hes had to and improved each fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by ManBearG-Dog View Post
                      Andre Ward will get plowed over eventually. Not having power always bites you in the ass eventually.
                      Don't tell that to Chemito fans or they will eat you alive!

Comment

Working...
                      X