Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better Resume? Miguel Cotto vs Jose Luis Castillo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Castillo unofficially beat Mayweather....

Cotto beat............................... Margarito

Comment

As much as I love Cotto I have to say Castillo, although Cotto has fought bigger names Castillo fought tougher competition. That being said, they're both great fighters and imo both worthy of being in the Hall of Fame.

Comment

Originally posted by urrah View Post
        As much as I love Cotto I have to say Castillo, although Cotto has fought bigger names Castillo fought tougher competition. That being said, they're both great fighters and imo both worthy of being in the Hall of Fame.
        Very good post my man

Comment

It's absolutely argubale, I know that much.

Castillo has become so underrated in recent years.

Out of all the fighters who people claim are possible HOF'ers that Mayweather fought (I.e Corrales, Gatti, Hatton, Hernandez and Castillo) Castillo is without any doubt the one who is most deserving out of that list.

In my personal opinion, I wouldn't vote for any of those. But, Castillo definitely is the most desevring out of that list.

Castillo had an exceptional run a Lightweight. And is one of the best Lightweights of the last era.

And plenty of people consider Castillo to have beaten Mayweather. I personally don't, but, IF you consider Castillo to have beaten Mayweather than surely he is a Top 25 Lightweight with the Mayweather win ontop of his already stellar Lightweight resume.

And if you count the Mayweather win for Castillo then surely he should be ranked in the HOF over Cotto.

I personally consider it to be pretty close. Like I said I wouldn't vote for either.

Comment

Very close...VERY close but i think without being biased id give Miguel the slightest of edges. EDIT: Actually i cant split them!

I thought Floyd won the JLC fights though the first was close and its been years since i watched it, but fighting on even terms for the most part with Mayweather has to count for something...

And Stevie Johnstone i can kinda remember him winning the second fight but it was scored a draw... actually it was scored for Johnstone by mistake first and he had to go give the belt back in the dressing room! lol
            I think i might have had him winning the first one too...Maybe not, it was a long time ago and i only watched them the one time

Corrales was outweighed and was a shot fighter when JLC beat him......But in fairness JLC Shot him!

Mosley showed up when he fought Miguel, it was just a case of Cotto being better that night, Shane wasnt the fighter who beat Oscar 1st time around but still Very good! He was coming in off 2 stoppage wins over the far bigger Fernando Vargas and a brilliant technical performance over Luis Collazo and Smashed Mayorga and Cotto conquerer Margarito in his next 2 fights....

Comment

This is as close as it gets to me. Anyone saying Casamayor is a "FNF" fighter is out of their mind. I think a prime 130lb Casa gives SFW versions of Pac and Mayweather hell.

I think JLC has probably fought the better opposition by a slim margin, but he also lost more often. I think historically Chico is looked back upon in a better light than he should be. His death combined to Chico/JLC 1 has made it seem like he's better than he was.

I think this is pretty much a wash to be honest.

Comment

Jlc won or drew against johnston when i clearly thought he lost. Cant remember exactly but it was an old fnf fight i saw on classic once.

So anyway you cant just count his loss to floyd as a win then give him all his other close fights.

Comment

Cotto's Victims: past, present and future WORLD CHAMPIONS Cesar Bazan, Carlos Maussa, Lovemore N'Dou, Randall Bailey, Ricardo Torres, Paulie Malignaggi, Carlos Quintana, Zab Judah, Shane Mosley, Joshua Clottey, Yuri Foreman, Ricardo Mayorga, Tony Margarito!!
                  PLUS: Past or future WORLD TITLE CHALLENGERS: John Brown, Joel Perez, DeMarcus Corley, Gianluca Branco, Victoriano Sosa, Oktay Urkal, Alfonso Gomez!! That's a TOTAL of.... TWENTY!!

His loses came to fighters of rather questionable repute:Margarito (loaded fist) and Pacquiao (steroids/illegal substances)

Comment

corley, quintana, malignaggi are also good wins for cotto. Cotto for me. And I like Castillo.

Comment

Working...
                    X