Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 07-02-2011, 02:23 AM #1
Undisputed

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
STILL_DETOX has a reputation beyond reputeSTILL_DETOX has a reputation beyond reputeSTILL_DETOX has a reputation beyond reputeSTILL_DETOX has a reputation beyond reputeSTILL_DETOX has a reputation beyond reputeSTILL_DETOX has a reputation beyond reputeSTILL_DETOX has a reputation beyond reputeSTILL_DETOX has a reputation beyond reputeSTILL_DETOX has a reputation beyond reputeSTILL_DETOX has a reputation beyond reputeSTILL_DETOX has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 23,781,709,663,019.58
Total Points: 23,781,709,706,689.86
Autism - Infern0 
Arrow Classic Frank Bruno Interview

Image View Removed. Please Click Here.

Quote:
"Boxing is the toughest and loneliest sport in the world. You've got all the fans, lots of hangers-on jumping up and shouting different words. But when you actually go in the ring, it's a very lonely and scary place. It's just you and the other guy."

[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]
STILL_DETOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 07-02-2011, 03:35 AM #2
Honest BoxingScene posts

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
edgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 50,025,750,728.45
Top Poster - WLAD OWNS one of boxingscene's best - Carnivore you're great poster - keep on setting them straight! - Freedom. your an excellent poster - happyman You're a tremendous poster. - Weltschmerz 
Again, great post man - Cuauhtémoc1520 So you can kiss up to Bob Arum better - ShoulderRoll For being a very knowledgeable poster! - PainfromUkraine for helping - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by STILL_DETOX View Post

[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]
Yes, a very poignant interview with lots of feeling. My late cousin was a ring doctor and knew Bruno well. he used to tell me about him, and always liked him, said he was a very simple, cheery kind of fellow, always in a good mood,. etc.
edgarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 04:32 AM #3
Undisputed

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
STILL_DETOX has a reputation beyond reputeSTILL_DETOX has a reputation beyond reputeSTILL_DETOX has a reputation beyond reputeSTILL_DETOX has a reputation beyond reputeSTILL_DETOX has a reputation beyond reputeSTILL_DETOX has a reputation beyond reputeSTILL_DETOX has a reputation beyond reputeSTILL_DETOX has a reputation beyond reputeSTILL_DETOX has a reputation beyond reputeSTILL_DETOX has a reputation beyond reputeSTILL_DETOX has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 23,781,709,663,019.58
Total Points: 23,781,709,706,689.86
Autism - Infern0 

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgarg View Post
Yes, a very poignant interview with lots of feeling. My late cousin was a ring doctor and knew Bruno well. he used to tell me about him, and always liked him, said he was a very simple, cheery kind of fellow, always in a good mood,. etc.
damn, small world
STILL_DETOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 05:05 AM #4
Interim Champion

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
TheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 10,111,988.85

Gotta love Frank Bruno. He was one of my child hood heroes and played a big role in motivating me to start boxing.

Great guy.
TheAuthority is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 06:27 AM #5
Honest BoxingScene posts

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
edgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 50,025,750,728.45
Top Poster - WLAD OWNS one of boxingscene's best - Carnivore you're great poster - keep on setting them straight! - Freedom. your an excellent poster - happyman You're a tremendous poster. - Weltschmerz 
Again, great post man - Cuauhtémoc1520 So you can kiss up to Bob Arum better - ShoulderRoll For being a very knowledgeable poster! - PainfromUkraine for helping - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by STILL_DETOX View Post
damn, small world
Oh yes, smaller than anyone might think, and I have relatives and friends all over the world. I just recently discovered an old cricket friend now a long retired doctor, in Sydney, Australia.

And, a couple of years ago, when I was still living in Victoria, British Columbia, a primary school girlfriend, a German refugee kid, about whom I used to dream, the image of Ingrid Bergman, (long before I ever heard of Ingrid Bergman) I found living almost next door to me, just moved in with her new husband a retired NASA scientist. Weeelll........I WAS a bit peeved........she was so beautiful even still.

More coincidences and things have happened to me than to another fellow with 6 lives.

I travelled from Dublin to London one time, and the very first day, after getting to my hotel went for a walk, in a very crowded downtown street. Out from the swing doors of a pub rushed a fellow, bang into me. who was he but the brother of my then girl friend, whome I had seen no later than the previous night when I was saying good bye to her in Dublin. He had to make an unexpected "business" trip, which it sees he spent most of in pubs. I couldn't as I was on a boxing trip. But just another co-incidence.
edgarg is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
bruno, classic, frank, interview

User Tag List