Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition

Old 01-30-2011, 03:29 PM #1
Student of the game

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
paulsinghnl has a reputation beyond reputepaulsinghnl has a reputation beyond reputepaulsinghnl has a reputation beyond reputepaulsinghnl has a reputation beyond reputepaulsinghnl has a reputation beyond reputepaulsinghnl has a reputation beyond reputepaulsinghnl has a reputation beyond reputepaulsinghnl has a reputation beyond reputepaulsinghnl has a reputation beyond reputepaulsinghnl has a reputation beyond reputepaulsinghnl has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 228,456.31
Total Points: 285,694.94
Default lifting a dumbbell with your teeth against head injuries

hey ppl,

i saw this post on [Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]

at the bottom of the post u can see a video of a guy holding a dumbbell with his teeth. which comes to think of it, is actually pretty smart, because like the post says, is very beneficial against concussions and head injuries: a strong neck and strong jaw.

concussions and head injuries, which occur in the boxing ring too of course.

what you guys think of this? i might try it out with like a 5 - 10 lb dumbbell.
paulsinghnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-30-2011, 04:07 PM #2
Banned

Traveler1 has a spectacular aura aboutTraveler1 has a spectacular aura about
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,390.55
Great post fella - jimbo87 

If you're looking to strengthen your neck, you need to get a head harness like the one pictured below.

Image View Removed. Please Click Here.

As for the guy in the video, he's a retard. That **** cannot be good for your teeth.
Traveler1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 04:50 PM #3
Student of the game

paulsinghnl has a reputation beyond reputepaulsinghnl has a reputation beyond reputepaulsinghnl has a reputation beyond reputepaulsinghnl has a reputation beyond reputepaulsinghnl has a reputation beyond reputepaulsinghnl has a reputation beyond reputepaulsinghnl has a reputation beyond reputepaulsinghnl has a reputation beyond reputepaulsinghnl has a reputation beyond reputepaulsinghnl has a reputation beyond reputepaulsinghnl has a reputation beyond repute

well that's just for your neck. he's doing it with his teeth, to also strengthen his jaw. i think that's pretty smart, because your jaw is actually where you get hit more instead of just your neck.

apparently the dude started out with a light weight and worked his way up like that. i donno if it's smart, but the other alternative is chewing a lot of gum, i guess?
Old 01-30-2011, 10:26 PM #4
Ghostface MANGLER

GhostfaceKillah has a reputation beyond reputeGhostfaceKillah has a reputation beyond reputeGhostfaceKillah has a reputation beyond reputeGhostfaceKillah has a reputation beyond reputeGhostfaceKillah has a reputation beyond reputeGhostfaceKillah has a reputation beyond reputeGhostfaceKillah has a reputation beyond reputeGhostfaceKillah has a reputation beyond reputeGhostfaceKillah has a reputation beyond reputeGhostfaceKillah has a reputation beyond reputeGhostfaceKillah has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 44,503,432.44
Total Points: 61,537,339.46

You do understand that having healthy and strong teeth is also a factor in being able to take punches?

That will ruin your teeth and have you wearing false ones by age 40.
GhostfaceKillah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 01:44 PM #5
Student of the game

hahaha guess you're right, i didnt try it anyway. i was just doing some jaw flexing exercises.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:45 PM #6
Interim Champion

Pony Boy has a reputation beyond reputePony Boy has a reputation beyond reputePony Boy has a reputation beyond reputePony Boy has a reputation beyond reputePony Boy has a reputation beyond reputePony Boy has a reputation beyond reputePony Boy has a reputation beyond reputePony Boy has a reputation beyond reputePony Boy has a reputation beyond reputePony Boy has a reputation beyond reputePony Boy has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 85,103.50

I've seen some thai boxers use a leather strap tied to a weight. They bite on the leather strap and do neck exercises. They said it also strengthens the jaw. I've never tried it but maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to try it.
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 01:57 AM #7
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
oaklandstephen has a reputation beyond reputeoaklandstephen has a reputation beyond reputeoaklandstephen has a reputation beyond reputeoaklandstephen has a reputation beyond reputeoaklandstephen has a reputation beyond reputeoaklandstephen has a reputation beyond reputeoaklandstephen has a reputation beyond reputeoaklandstephen has a reputation beyond reputeoaklandstephen has a reputation beyond reputeoaklandstephen has a reputation beyond reputeoaklandstephen has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,656,754,812,901.84
Total Points: 4,656,823,043,365.66

yeah i like this idea. i know raushee warren does this too. i may give it a try.
oaklandstephen is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
dumbbell, head, injuries, lifting, teeth

User Tag List