Wow, at least hire the right freakin' people....
Husband Charged in Wife's Attempted Murder
Indictment says Stern arranged wife's death twice
HOUSTON - The husband of a Bellaire socialite has been charged in connection to her attempted murder.
Houston lawyer Jeffrey Stern, the husband of Yvonne Stern, was charged with two counts of solicitation of capital murder on Jan. 24, but the details of his indictment were unsealed on Monday, according to the Harris County District Attorney’s Office.
Jeffrey was arrested in connection to a murder plot against Yvonne back in June of 2010. In the indictment, Jeffrey is accused of arranging the murder of his wife two times in both April and May of 2010.
Both charges carry a $500,000 bond. If convicted, Jeffrey could face the following:
* 5-99 years in prison or life in prison
* A fine of up to $10,000
Background on Bellaire Socialite Murder Attempts
Yvonne was targeted three times in 2010 , all of them shooting attempts, according to Bellaire Police investigators. She was shot in the stomach during the third murder attempt in May 2010, but managed to drive herself to a nearby gas station and call for help.
Four other suspects, not including Jeffrey, have been arrested in connection to Yvonne’s murder attempts. They include:
* Richard Gutierrez, 33, pleaded guilty to solicitation of capital murder and was sentenced to 15 years in prison.
* Nhut Nguyen, 37, is charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. He admitted in court that he attempted to shoot at Stern through a window in an earlier attempt on her life.
* James Steven Lowery, 27, is charged with solicitation of capitol murder.
* Michelle Gaiser is charged with solicitation of capitol murder. She is accused of being Jeffrey’s mistress.