Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was up with Mairis Briedis anyway?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was up with Mairis Briedis anyway?

He didn't fight to the level of his competition last night, he legit struggled. Like DeGale. Rumors of him being injured or having issues with his trainer. Anybody know?

I might give Glowacki a good shot at beating him.

I was about to go back and see if the fight with Gevor was one Briedis deserved an L for but after the first round I knew there was no way I could do it. Such an awful, awful fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
      He didn't fight to the level of his competition last night, he legit struggled. Like DeGale. Rumors of him being injured or having issues with his trainer. Anybody know?

I might give Glowacki a good shot at beating him.
      Yeah there was apparently a reddit post before the fight from somebody in the gym saying Briedis might be looking bad for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Vegemil View Post
        Yeah there was apparently a reddit post before the fight from somebody in the gym saying Briedis might be looking bad for a while.
        Did they say why?

Comment

Did they say why?
          Originally posted by LVkristofers
          I train with briedis and sadly his career is over. He ****ed up his relationship with his coach who was a huge part of his success and he lost his management. Now he is training with pretty ****ty coaches and even my friends who are better than me can easily do sparrings with him. He might hang around for a while, but not for long.
          From Reddit so can't be 100% sure but after seeing the fight I'm pretty sure.

Comment

I was about to go back and see if the fight with Gevor was one Briedis deserved an L for but after the first round I knew there was no way I could do it. Such an awful, awful fight.
            😂😂I had the misfortune of wasting 36+ minutes watching the fight, it was relatively close but Gevor definitely deserved the nod.

Briedis really impressed me against Usyk but he looked pretty poor against Mike Perez in the fight before. Maybe he’s the type of fighter who fights to level of his opponents, he’s definitely not as shot as DeFail.

Is there a rumour floating round about him being injured or something?

Comment

Dang. He better try to get his shit together asap.

Comment

I struggle to believe that tbh, losing a coach can definitely effect you but you don’t just suddenly lose all your ability due to a change of trainer.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
                  I struggle to believe that tbh, losing a coach can definitely effect you but you don’t just suddenly lose all your ability due to a change of trainer.
                  He might be neglecting training or something if some randoms can spar evenly with him in the gym though. The recent performance didn't look like a guy who was in the gym.

Comment

He might be neglecting training or something if some randoms can spar evenly with him in the gym though. The recent performance didn't look like a guy who was in the gym.
                    He was very poor vs Gevor, it was similar to the Perez fight in terms of all the holding and wrestling though, I honestly just think it was a combination of a Briedis underestimating Gevor(who’s a solid fighter and beat Diablo as well IMO) and pretty much just having an off night.

Briedis was my pick to win the CW WBSS 2.0 but after that performance I’m not so sure

Comment

Working...
                    X