Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Duran's victory over Iran Barkley more impressive than any single Floyd win?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was Duran's victory over Iran Barkley more impressive than any single Floyd win?

37 year old 5'7 Roberto Duran- former 135 Pounder defeated 6'1 Prime MW Iran Barkley.
    I can't think of an adequate MW in today's division that is comparable to Prime Barkley. I feel Martinez is better, but the likes of Jr,Quillien, Pirog,Golevkin, are all worst.
    What single win is better than a 37 year old former light weight defeating a prime top Middleweight who holds all the physical advantages?
    Yes- Duran's win over Barkley was more impressive than any Floyd win
    83.33%
    No. I disagree (please list the Floyd win which you feel is more impressive)
    16.67%

Pretty much, yes.

Comment

Barkley was no world beater. He was a big tough middleweight. B class fighter who just happened to have Tommy's number. He was an exciting fighter though and to me that is what counts.

It was still a pretty big achievement for Duran though due to the sheer size difference. Floyd has beaten tons of guys with more talent, but never faced anyone that size. It is an odd comparison to be honest with you.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
        Barkley was no world beater. He was a big tough middleweight. B class fighter who just happened to have Tommy's number. He was an exciting fighter though and to me that is what counts.

It was still a pretty big achievement for Duran though due to the sheer size difference. Floyd has beaten tons of guys with more talent, but never faced anyone that size. It is an odd comparison to be honest with you.
        It's a very simple question. We are not asking about talent or quality of opponents. I'm asking 'is any of Floyd's Wins to you MORE IMPRESSIVE than Duran's win over Barkley'
        it don't have to be 'more talented' opposition or 'tougher opposition' it just have to be a win that IMPRESSED you more than Duran's win over Barkley. Personal opinion.
        Not asking if Floyd have fought a more skilled guy than Barkley. The answer to that question is obviously yes.

Comment

People will say and post anything nowadays, lmao!

Comment

Yes it was........

Comment

No.

Duran's win over Leonard is better than anyone on Mayweather's resume.

Comment

Gotta love NSB.

Comment

Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
                  It's a very simple question. We are not asking about talent or quality of opponents. I'm asking 'is any of Floyd's Wins to you MORE IMPRESSIVE than Duran's win over Barkley'
                  it don't have to be 'more talented' opposition or 'tougher opposition' it just have to be a win that IMPRESSED you more than Duran's win over Barkley. Personal opinion.
                  Not asking if Floyd have fought a more skilled guy than Barkley. The answer to that question is obviously yes.
                  Yes it is a simple question, but also an odd question. It is one where you really cannot come up with an answer which would mean anything more than playing favorites. It was a very impressive win for Duran, mainly due to his age at the time along with Barkley's Size and Toughness. Size though does not mean everything. Like Kev said, Duran's win over Leonard was in fact more impressive than any win Floyd has. That is a better comparison.

Comment

duran's wins were all impressive. to the question, yes maybe it was. Floyd was never the underdog, i dont know if thats a problem, or something to compliment him for.

Comment

Working...
                    X