No announcement yet.

Adrien Broner vs Yuriorkis Gamboa needs to happen next summer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adrien Broner vs Yuriorkis Gamboa needs to happen next summer

This is the biggest fight for Broner that could be made before he leaves 135 for the likes of Garcia, Rios, Marquez, Matthysse at 140 possibly.

Say Broner beats Ricky Burns in February or March. Than say Gamboa beats Beltran and than either R. Martinez at 130 or Vazquez/Gesta at 135 after that, than Broner-Gamboa is the obvious big fight.

Both would be Top fighters, undefeated, and "possibly" Top 10 P4P by the time next summer rolls around.

How do you see this fight playing out, assuming Gamboa translates to 130-135 and hasn't lost a step???

I see a very close fight. Broner's size will cause Gamboa problems and he can match Gamboa's speed. But I see Gamboa's angles troubling Broner too.
    Broner by KO/TKO
    33.33%
    Broner by UD
    3.70%
    Broner by SD/MD
    0.00%
    Gamboa by KO/TKO
    22.22%
    Gamboa by UD
    25.93%
    Gamboa by SD/MD
    14.81%

The poll is expired.

broners too big and strong for gamboa honestly. it would be a hard fight for him to win imo. i thoughthe could beat rios, but broner is another task all in itself. broners just as big probably harder hitting and faster plus he has skill unlike rios. hard hard fight for gamboa.

Comment

I like Broner. He's built like a tank and isnt as fast as Gamboa but he hes quick as hell and will able able to catch Gamboa clean. If Gamboa can successfully keep Broner moving and turn him a lot then he has a chance but Broner imo would walk him down and break him down.

And Haymon isn't putting any money in 50's pockets so the fight will NEVER happen.

Comment

I picked Gamboa by SD/MD. Call me crazy but Gamboa would be tougher than DeMarco too, though DeMarco was a good win for Broner.

I could see Gamboa getting sent to the canvas from a counter left hook from Broner though. But I could see Gamboa getting off first a lot and his angles causing Broner problems.

Comment

i think broners too big for gamboa..and i'm not sure how well gamboa's chin would stand up to broner's power.

Comment

A inactive fighter who doesn't campaign @LW is the biggest fight for Broner, a huge LW? I really don't care for this one. I'd rather see Gamboa/Russell Jr., a match-up of guys that are similar in size. There are three other fighters that I'd match against Broner before Gamboa.
            Last edited by kiaba360; 11-18-2012, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
              I picked Gamboa by SD/MD. Call me crazy but Gamboa would be tougher than DeMarco too, though DeMarco was a good win for Broner.

I could see Gamboa getting sent to the canvas from a counter left hook from Broner though. But I could see Gamboa getting off first a lot and his angles causing Broner problems.
              I need to see how the weight and power carries for Gamboa. From what we saw for Broner he looks healthier, stronger and faster at 135. I want to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                A inactive fighter who doesn't campaign @LW is the biggest fight for Broner, a huge LW? I really don't care for this one. I'd rather see Gamboa/Russell Jr., a match-up of guys that are similar in size. That are three other fighters that I'd match against Broner before Gamboa.
                Gamboa is fighting Beltran, who arguably beat Martinez, in December. He wins that, and than fights/beats Vazquez/Gesta or Roman Martinez. He would instantly be the biggest fight at 135 for Broner.

I'm the biggest Gary Russell Jr fan, I think he'll be a future star. But Russell hasn't fought anyone of note and is still at 126. Broner has 1-2 fights left at 135 probably. Russell may then just be fighting Ponce for a title at 126 by the time Broner goes to 140.

Comment

I got Broner by one-sided manslaughter. I still think Gamboa is just hype and he's been sitting on the shelf for a while now believing his own press clippings which isn't helping matters.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                    Gamboa is fighting Beltran, who arguably beat Martinez, in December. He wins that, and than fights/beats Vazquez/Gesta or Roman Martinez. He would instantly be the biggest fight at 135 for Broner.

I'm the biggest Gary Russell Jr fan, I think he'll be a future star. But Russell hasn't fought anyone of note and is still at 126. Broner has 1-2 fights left at 135 probably. Russell may then just be fighting Ponce for a title at 126 by the time Broner goes to 140.
                    You make perfect sense, but I still rather see Broner clean out 135 and Gamboa clean out 130. They aren't in the same lane and don't need each other. Only if Yuri beats the winner of Vasquez/Gesta should he be in the discussion. Until then, the only guys that Broner should be fighting are Burns, Abril/Bogere and Vasquez/Gesta.

Comment

Working...
                    X