No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach Says Rios is on Pacquiao's List, Not Tim Bradley

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    For the most part, onnly people who wouldn't want to see it are Pac lovers or Khan lovers/Bradley haters.

When I first watched the Pac-Bradley fight I had Manny winning close. Definitely didn't think it was a blowout but I hadn't scored it and it seemed there was a long stretch where Manny was in control. When things settled down and I watched it again, I was very surprised at what I saw. I've since seen it about 10 times and I have Bradley winning each time. There are 2-4 very close rounds and so I have no issues with a decision for either fighter. But a robbery? A blowout? Nonsense.
    They know the deal too, which is why they won't argue rounds or even acknowledge that Bradley quite easily swept the championship rounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
      They know the deal too, which is why they won't argue rounds or even acknowledge that Bradley quite easily swept the championship rounds.
      Yeah. Heck, I thought he won two out of the first three as well. And a lot of the middle rounds were close. Bradley was very sloppy (surprisingly) but I credit Manny for being crafty. But Bradley was also very sound defensively and had an excellent strategy. Pacquiao would need to KO him in the rematch in order to win IMO.

Comment

By doing what? Moving backwards and popping out a jab that was'nt landing?

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          Yeah. Heck, I thought he won two out of the first three as well. And a lot of the middle rounds were close. Bradley was very sloppy (surprisingly) but I credit Manny for being crafty. But Bradley was also very sound defensively and had an excellent strategy. Pacquiao would need to KO him in the rematch in order to win IMO.
          My opinion has never changed on how I scored rounds 1,2,7,10,11,12...I don't see how any of those could have gone to Pacquiao, realistically. The bold holds true, Manny is slowing down while Bradley is only gonna get better, hopefully it happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK
            I've been down it before. You don't fool anyone with your "contentious objector" ****
            You're insecurity is showing. You put that in quotes yet...I've never said that. So why the quotes? Because that's what you think I'm trying to be? Yeah, I think that's it .

Comment

• Originally posted by Money_May View Post
              By doing what? Moving backwards and popping out a jab that was'nt landing?
              I suppose fighting in spurts, consistently missing big and then proceeding to lose the championship rounds is that much better? Two can play at this ******ed game

Except I acknowledge both fighters' works, simply saying the fight could have swung either way.

Comment

My opinion has never changed on how I scored rounds 1,2,7,10,11,12...I don't see how any of those could have gone to Pacquiao, realistically. The bold holds true, Manny is slowing down while Bradley is only gonna get better, hopefully it happens.
                Totally agree with you. Pacquiao can't outbox him and he looked very, very simple in the championship rounds. Actually from round 7 going he was struggling but showed a lot of guts and guile methinks. A rematch could be one-sided.

Comment

• It is kind of a bad look to not clean up the Bradley mess when he really doesn't have that many moves he can really make, I can feel Manny fighting Rios but to say Bradley isn't on the list is kind of..... odd.

To me the Bradley fight wasn't really that close score wise just because the score is wide (or kind of wide 8-4 isn't that wide~ two rounds) doesn't really mean a blow out~, I liked Manny's work better but it was a tough fight where Manny will never look great.
                  Last edited by The Gambler1981; 11-15-2012, 12:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simply Zyzz View Post
                    Another blown up 140 lb.. Lol funny how nobody ever mentions that or the fact that the o ly reason one gets a fight with pacquiao is only if they're sign to top Rank
                    well now that you mention it....

---

It's like I said before (without the explanation), I don't so much mind a Rios bout, and I like a Bradley rematch just as much. And I wholeheartedly believe Bradley CAN get the rematch, but he has to do something. He can't just sit around waiting, he has pique people's interest, and Arum's, for that matter (as far as we can tell ppv sales weren't good enough to bar immediate repeating).

And YET as long as Bradley is under Top Rank, that fight is always a possibility. It's not like they have other guys to offer Pacquiao. He just has to make the people that buy the fights interested in a rematch (maybe by beating other notable fighters, or just one...brook-alexander winner? Marquez? I would, ideally, prefer bradley-garcia). But again, because Top Rank really doesn't have much else, that fight might just happen after Rios anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                      No over-thinking necessary. Just re-watching. Initially I had thought it was a comfortable Pac win as well, but it really wasn't.

What we saw in that fight was a lazier version of the Pacquiao that faced Marquez, lunging and over-extending in the same fashion against a guy who wasn't quite as sharp as Marquez when it came to punishing him.

Manny landed f-all quality shots in that fight. There's a good reason Bradley barely had a scratch on him afterwards, Manny barely hit him. Bradley controlled the distance easily when Manny was trying to close it, and when Manny would inevitable lunge at him, Bradley just stepped around him and tried to land while Manny was out of position.

Now Bradley didn't do much clean work either, but the difference was he was actually staying busy throughout the rounds. Manny was doing nothing.

It's the same old story from the Marquez fight of wild Pacquiao flurries impressing people in real time, but clearly missing when you sit down and watch it back.

The commentary from HBO is usually laughably one-sided, but they brought it to a whole new level that night and did Tim Bradley a massive injustice. I'm not saying the guy won the fight, but it sure as hell was no robbery.

This video sums up the commentary pretty well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riSEb-hdq8M

What a moron, i watched it thrice and what you said about Bradley being busy is just him being busy punching in the air in all direction whenever Manny goes into offensive, Timmy's like a headless chicken... Bradley had a 19% accuracy the entire fight, and 11% on his jab, he was jabbing in the air for f****'s sake...

Comment

Working...
                      X