Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andre Dirrell vs. Carl Froch II - Who You Got?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andre Dirrell vs. Carl Froch II - Who You Got?

I personally believe Dirrell won the first fight and would win more decisively this time.

Dirrell is not Bute obviously, even this "new" Froch you guys deem him as would come up short.

It'd be easier than the first time, especially in the US.
    Carl Froch
    40.82%
    Andre Dirrell
    59.18%

Originally posted by SUPREME. View Post
    I personally believe Dirrell won the first fight and would win more decisively this time.

Dirrell is not Bute obviously, even this "new" Froch you guys deem him as would come up short.

It'd be easier than the first time, especially in the US.
    Firstly, I don't think Froch-Dirrell II would ever get made in the US. Froch is the bigger draw, and has a strap to boot.

Secondly, I voted Froch. Before people start getting indignant, I had the first fight dead even. However, I'm basing my decision on how adaptable Froch has looked. Yes, he's not got speed and he has technical flaws, but he has a far better boxing brain than Dirrell for me. He knew to come out fast against Bute, he knew how to adjust against Pascal in the second half of their fight, knew to concentrate on one-twos when Taylor had him all but outpointed, and worked out how to control Johnson down the stretch. Dirrell to me seems to be more of a one-trick pony; don't get me wrong, it's a hell of a trick, and his speed stats are utterly off the charts. But, based on the fact that Froch is like Agbeko in terms of adjusting, added to uncertainty over whether Dirrell's fully recovered from both Abraham and his time out, I'd pick Froch.

Another factor, which IN NO WAY excuses Froch's poor performance in the first fight, was that in a rematch the start time would be much earlier than the 3:00 am local time that Showtime imposed. The Nottingham fans would be much, much louder.

Comment

Depends where the fight is, if its in the UK, Froch wins again, Dirrell would have to win by KO, and he's not a KO guy.

Comment

What would happen different the next time?

Is Dirrell going to refuse to engage for 9 rounds again? because if he stands to trade next time Froch will wade into him.

He's just not getting a decision running away and diving to the deck.

Comment

Zero interest. Ugly fight the first time.

Don't care.

Comment

Dirrell AGAIN

Comment

Originally posted by gingerbreadman View Post
              Firstly, I don't think Froch-Dirrell II would ever get made in the US. Froch is the bigger draw, and has a strap to boot.

Secondly, I voted Froch. Before people start getting indignant, I had the first fight dead even. However, I'm basing my decision on how adaptable Froch has looked. Yes, he's not got speed and he has technical flaws, but he has a far better boxing brain than Dirrell for me. He knew to come out fast against Bute, he knew how to adjust against Pascal in the second half of their fight, knew to concentrate on one-twos when Taylor had him all but outpointed, and worked out how to control Johnson down the stretch. Dirrell to me seems to be more of a one-trick pony; don't get me wrong, it's a hell of a trick, and his speed stats are utterly off the charts. But, based on the fact that Froch is like Agbeko in terms of adjusting, added to uncertainty over whether Dirrell's fully recovered from both Abraham and his time out, I'd pick Froch.

Another factor, which IN NO WAY excuses Froch's poor performance in the first fight, was that in a rematch the start time would be much earlier than the 3:00 am local time that Showtime imposed. The Nottingham fans would be much, much louder.
              How did you score the first fight even? I remember there being a point deduction. Sounds like you copped out. It's funny how I always hear the Froch fans claim it was a draw. Don't make it so obvious you didn't actually score it next time, Einstein.

Comment

Their first fight was years ago; if anything Froch has improved while inactivity has hurt Dirrell imo; Froch won't be a afraid to engage early on.

Comment

While Dirrell clearly won the first fight, he's been off since 2010 (as far as I know?) while Froch has been fighting everybody on earth. If Dirrell has lost it, he will get KO'd by Froch. But I don't think skills deteriorate that quickly, and Dirrell would make him look stupid once more.

Comment

Froch would win again.

I have said many times Dirrell employed those spoiler tactics for a reason you don't refuse to engage, hug at every opportunity, flop to the canvas intentionally and moan to the referee throughout if you think you are winning and can beat the guy in front of you, if Dirrell had not used those tactics he would have shared the same fate as Bute.

Comment

Working...
                    X